Condi Beserker, any good in PvE ?

Scar.1793

Hey guys,

So as I'm moving away from Elementalist and Revenant, I was looking for a profession that could properly use a main sword. I saw that Beserker can use a sword/torch setup and while it's condi, testing it a bit on the PvP golem made me realize it's actually funny to play. I used to play a condi bunker pvp build way way back in the day, and playing now reminded me of how fun it can be.

I'm just curious about how condi beserker does in PvE (Outdoor & instanced group content). Is the ramp-up super slow ? It didn't seemed like it while I was testing a rough rotation, felt super smooth even if I have to weapon-swap to longbow.

Could anyone with some experience on that type of build give me their thoughts about it?

Maybe I should look for another profession but the visuals of beserker are genuinely cool. Even the skills are kitten !

Its pretty viable, easy to learn and suprisingly hard to master for a spec thats often mistakenly considered shallow. Thats not a bad thing though, there is a lot of joy in mastering all the bits and tricks of a spec and getting really good at it.

As for your specific questions, its one of those builds that takes a while to ramp-up dps, I won't lie to you this is something you'll generally have to learn to live with on condi specs and condizerk has to deal with not only condi effects taking time to ramp up but also the ground AoEs you apply that the bosses might just walk out of.

There are advantages to it too(big AoE means big cleave) but if you're allergic to condi builds you might want to try powerzerk instead which just as viable and I'd argue much easier to play at a viable level (you can hit 30k+ with a blindfold on on powerzerk).

If you're rolling a warrior toon anyways then I recommend you make one of both and see which you like better.

Edited by rainhelm.3827

@Scar.1793For Condi Warrior instanced i highly recommend what @Lan Deathrider.5910 Just Said ^^ Sword Sword is also realy fun to Play but you could also sweap Sword offhand to Torch (its only a loss of like 0,5k DPS)

For Open World PvE i reccomend this Build right Here: Condi Berserker Open World

Its basicly a build with decent self sustain good amount of dmg and some quickness Sharing ^^ (could also get used to solo near every Open World Boss solostyle)

On 10/29/2023 at 6:35 PM, Scar.1793 said:

I'm just curious about how condi beserker does in PvE (Outdoor & instanced group content). Is the ramp-up super slow ? It didn't seemed like it while I was testing a rough rotation, felt super smooth even if I have to weapon-swap to longbow.

Could anyone with some experience on that type of build give me their thoughts about it?

Maybe I should look for another profession but the visuals of beserker are genuinely cool. Even the skills are kitten !

Absolutely. your damage is stable because of your burning application, so even though the variant is less intensive than, say power zerk, it plays silky smooth. 

On 11/2/2023 at 10:50 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@Scar.1793For Condi Warrior instanced i highly recommend what @Lan Deathrider.5910 Just Said ^^ Sword Sword is also realy fun to Play but you could also sweap Sword offhand to Torch (its only a loss of like 0,5k DPS)

For Open World PvE i reccomend this Build right Here: Condi Berserker Open World

Its basicly a build with decent self sustain good amount of dmg and some quickness Sharing ^^ (could also get used to solo near every Open World Boss solostyle)

So I just wanted to let you guys know I went with it, took me a bit of time to set up and change my ascended armor stats, find new trinkets... but I got everything up and running.
Been a real real blast so far and it's exactly what I was looking for at the end of the day. Despite Elementalist having some pros, there are too many downsides imo compared to a condi warrior where I'm genuinely having a lot of fun while feeling stylish with tons of fire VFX.

I even did some WvW with the same PvE build and even though I still need to get a proper hang of the rotation/playstyle, I still managed to sit down a few thieves and rangers :
most memorable moment was a 2v2 with a scrapper friend and they got deleted real quick.
Next round they made me go in down state but with Vengeance I just came back and finished off the ranger lol, that was really funny.

All in all, It's been a breath of fresh air and I've come full circle, started GW1 and 2 at both releases with a warrior and came right back to it.

Here's a few pictures : https://imgur.com/a/TqMP5nx

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scar.1793 said:

So I just wanted to let you guys know I went with it, took me a bit of time to set up and change my ascended armor stats, find new trinkets... but I got everything up and running.
Been a real real blast so far and it's exactly what I was looking for at the end of the day. Despite Elementalist having some pros, there are too many downsides imo compared to a condi warrior where I'm genuinely having a lot of fun while feeling kitten.

I even did some WvW with the same PvE build and even though I still need to get a proper hang of the rotation/playstyle, I still managed to sit down a few thieves and rangers :
most memorable moment was a 2v2 with a scrapper friend and they got deleted real quick.
Next round they made me go in down state but with Vengeance I just came back and finished off the ranger lol, that was really funny.

All in all, It's been a breath of fresh air and I've come full circle, started GW1 and 2 at both releases with a warrior and came right back to it.

Here's a few pictures : https://imgur.com/a/3tqFf8O

Just for info. 

Link doesn't work. "Can't find image" 

1 hour ago, Scar.1793 said:

Been a real real blast so far and it's exactly what I was looking for at the end of the day. Despite Elementalist having some pros, there are too many downsides imo compared to a condi warrior where I'm genuinely having a lot of fun while feeling stylish with tons of fire VFX.

Here's a few pictures : https://imgur.com/a/TqMP5nx

Welcome into the fold brother!

• Like 2