Severe Issue with Character Location Logging

This has been an issue for some time now (at least since the Halloween Patch went live):

The Character Selection Screen shows your character's second last location instead of the current one, which can lead to two subsequent loading screens upon clicking "Play". It can also lead to your character ending up at the wrong location.

Example:

My character was in the middle of Queensdale (near Beetletun). When I relogged, the CSS showed me Divinity's Reach as the last logged location (it's were I had been before Queensdale). Upon selecting the character, I was getting the Divinity's Reach loading screen shortly, then it immediately reloaded to Queensdale. However, the character didn't spawn at their last actual location (Beetletun), but instead spawned in front of the city gate to Divinity's Reach.

The same thing has been happening with the Crystal Desert<->Mistlock Sanctuary and many other map sequences.

Please fix!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you log out of that character, log into a different character, then went back to character selection screen pretty quickly by chance?

No. And it's not happening with only one character but all, repeatedly, on occasion.

Perhaps I need to delete the Local.dat. Will check back later...

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No. And it's not happening with only one character but all, repeatedly, on occasion.

Perhaps I need to delete the Local.dat. Will check back later...

It sounds like some bug to me with the game not properly saving state data upon logging out.  It's acted funny before with location when you switch characters quickly so maybe it's related to that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This has been an issue for some time now (at least since the Halloween Patch went live):

The Character Selection Screen shows your character's second last location instead of the current one, which can lead to two subsequent loading screens upon clicking "Play". It can also lead to your character ending up at the wrong location.

Example:

My character was in the middle of Queensdale (near Beetletun). When I relogged, the CSS showed me Divinity's Reach as the last logged location (it's were I had been before Queensdale). Upon selecting the character, I was getting the Divinity's Reach loading screen shortly, then it immediately reloaded to Queensdale. However, the character didn't spawn at their last actual location (Beetletun), but instead spawned in front of the city gate to Divinity's Reach.

The same thing has been happening with the Crystal Desert<->Mistlock Sanctuary and many other map sequences.

Please fix!

It happens to me to upon leaving the Mad King lab. I was in Rata Sum, then thousand needles, went to Mad King Lab. and left there, the game moved me to the newbie zone for Azura. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kal Durak.2830 said:

It happens to me to upon leaving the Mad King lab. I was in Rata Sum, then thousand needles, went to Mad King Lab. and left there, the game moved me to the newbie zone for Azura. 

Because youre using "invitation to party" to exit the lab, it always tps you to the beginner's location depending on the race you play.

• Thanks 2

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Severe Issue with Character Location Logging [Resolved]
  • Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Severe Issue with Character Location Logging