Relic of the Demon Queen

Is anyone able to verify how this Relic is currently functioning?

The tooltip states "Poison that you apply reduces healing by an additional amount." that amount being 50%.

When I first saw this I thought it would be multiplicative, as that would yield a sensible increase from 33% to ~50% healing reduction. However it appears that it is quite literally an additive percentage. With the relic equipped poison effect tooltips will state that they provide an 83% reduction in healing, which is huge.

Some numbers;

Without the relic a poisoned target receiving a 9,000 hit point heal would receive just 6,000. (33%, 3,000 is negated)

With the relic as I thought it would function (multiplicative) this would reduce to 4,500 (~50%, 4,500 is negated)

With the relic as the poison tooltip actually suggests (additive), that 9,000 heal will be reduced to just 1,530. (83%, 7,470 is negated)

I'm not sure if this is intentional or if someone at Anet just doesn't understand the difference between multiplicative and additive. Either way I can see this getting nerfed at some point as you don't even need a poison focused build to shut down an opponents ability to recover health due to it also applying poison to your target when you disable them.

Some playtesting may be needed as it could just be a tooltip discrepancy.

EDIT 1: I have since heard that this is in fact reducing healing by 83% and that this is unintentional and a bug. The reduction is supposed to be multiplicative and therefore should be around 50% with the Relic.

EDIT 2: Due to testing it looks like the relic behaves as I initially expected, that is a 33% healing reduction improved by 50%, but the tooltip is currently bugged to show 33% plus an additive 50%. So tooltip is bugged, healing reduction is not 83%, it is actually 50%.

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673
Even more information
  • Thanks 1

I don't know but it works great =:3

7 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I'm not sure if this is intentional or if someone at Anet just doesn't understand the difference between multiplicative and additive. Either way I can see this getting nerfed at some point as you don't even need a poison focused build to shut down an opponents ability to recover health due to it also applying poison to your target when you disable them.

sure, after they nerf those unkillable eles/ranger with their massive perma-healing (spoiler alert: the relic don't even works on them showing just how broken those build are).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I can confirm it says -83%.

What I'm curious about, though, is if it also works with condi transfer. I mean, I assume I "apply poison" by transferring poison already on me to an enemy, correct?
Then will it be with the original -33% that was put on me, or with the new Demon Mommy relic poison? There's no way of telling.

I'll conduct some testing later today and post results.

Edited by Arky.3072

I have heard that this functionality is currently unintentional. Third hand info, but I have heard that @Roy Marks.7689 confirmed this on a stream (possibly Teapot?).

It is supposed to work multiplicatively the way I had initially assumed, so expect a fix from 83% to 50% heal reduction soon.

3 hours ago, Arky.3072 said:

What I'm curious about, though, is if it also works with condi transfer. I mean, I assume I "apply poison" by transferring poison already on me to an enemy, correct?
Then will it be with the original -33% that was put on me, or with the new Demon Mommy relic poison? There's no way of telling.

I don't know for sure but my intuition is that transferring conditions is effectively a new application, I don't think the game has a way to track a specific stack of a condition from one entity to another like that. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I have heard that this functionality is currently unintentional. Third hand info, but I have heard that @Roy Marks.7689 confirmed this on a stream (possibly Teapot?).

It is supposed to work multiplicatively the way I had initially assumed, so expect a fix from 83% to 50% heal reduction soon.

I don't know for sure but my intuition is that transferring conditions is effectively a new application, I don't think the game has a way to track a specific stack of a condition from one entity to another like that. I could be wrong though.

Test results:

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

There have been a lot of those lately. I've reported several myself.

Apparently not a lot of QC checks are happening in that department. 😕

Relic of Speed changes tool tips to say +99% on swiftness, and I was hoping for free superspeed...