Make MH mace a condi weapon with one simple step

Guy.9207

Make body blow so that instead of:

"Cc inflicts weakness and bleeding."

To:

"Cc inflicts weakness, which *then* inflicts bleeding."

Not going to make a huge difference but all of a sudden mace now has a way to reliably inflict bleeding, and pretty much every skills that also inflicts cc (including burst if you have Cull the Weak). Throw in some more conditions like cripple, torment, confusion, slow or all of them combined (as long as it's triggered under weakness) and now it's actually going to do something.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

Make body blow so that instead of:

"Cc inflicts weakness and bleeding."

To:

"Cc inflicts weakness, which *then* inflicts bleeding."

Not going to make a huge difference but all of a sudden mace now has a way to reliably inflict bleeding, and pretty much every skills that also inflicts cc (including burst if you have Cull the Weak). Throw in some more conditions like cripple, torment, confusion, slow or all of them combined (as long as it's triggered under weakness) and now it's actually going to do something.

A better phrasing:

Body Blow: Disabling a target inflicts weakness for 4s. Weakness you applies inflicts 2/1 stacks of bleeding for 4s/8s (PvE/WvW & PvP).

Now, that only turns Skull Crack and the last hit into condi hits, and only 1 stack of bleeding at that. So, ask yourself if that is enough to turn it into a proper condi weapon? Another trait that inflicts torment when you inflict bleed would work. As would Confusion on CC or when striking a disabled target. More is needed than one extra bleed stack on Mace MH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool idea, I can see this enabling some cool builds (Hybrid Hammer/Mace Berserker?) Maybe also consider making it inflict Vulnerability as well, since builds that don't take Arms have so little access to it outside of Sigil of Frailty. Maybe also rework some less-used Spellbreaker traits to cause Conditions on CC?

I just really want Hybrid Spellbreaker to be A Thing, okay?

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867
  • Like 1

I’m fine with Mace getting some love because it’s honestly crap in PvE. But so is sword, without Flaming Flurry it would be a massive poop as the current sword skills are very underwhelming. Final Thrust being decent only once a target reaches -50% hp.

I do think a lot of warriors weapons need some tweaks to make them more impactful and fun to use, even outside zerk mode.

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Cool idea, I can see this enabling some cool builds (Hybrid Hammer/Mace Berserker?) Maybe also consider making it inflict Vulnerability as well, since builds that don't take Arms have so little access to it outside of Sigil of Frailty. Maybe also rework some less-used Spellbreaker traits to cause Conditions on CC?

I just really want Hybrid Spellbreaker to be A Thing, okay?

Current cele spb with demon queen relic and body blow on a hammbow build, is much more fun and strong in pve, but id say its in a solid spot in wvw as well. It massively lacks adrenal gain without merciless hammer however and loss aversion comes at the cost of dropping slow counter, which is super useful for cover condies and soft cc.