Alacrity Spellbreaker Idea.

DanAlcedo.3281

Not that I'm opposed to changing the Alacrity spec on Warrior to Spellbreaker, but why would the Alac trait need a downside? You already made a tradeoff picking this trait to provide team boons over the other traits in that tier. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

40 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Not that I'm opposed to changing the Alacrity spec on Warrior to Spellbreaker, but why would the Alac trait need a downside? You already made a tradeoff picking this trait to provide team boons over the other traits in that tier. 

Alac dps are around 35k dps. Dps SpB is around 40k.

So we need to loose around 5k dps if we go alac dps.

Just add it to Slow Counter. Make the duration short enough that concentration is needed to force stat investment. Anet should also make Guard and Revenge Counter grant their boons in an AoE. That alone would create a support build for Spellbreaker that would not have the same DPS as DPS Spellbreaker, since it wouldn't have Pure Strike or Magebane Tether on it.

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Im sry but adding it to a trait where you need to get hit by something to get benefits is not good ^^. I now See why they added it to bsw instead cause with fullcounter need to get activate for sharing it would be a hell of a mess (especialy with Aegis in tha Game)

Make said traits augment meditations to grant said boons in an area as well as on Full Counter.

I think Enchantment Collapse would be a better place to put an Alac trait, since it's not really used in any gamemodes, whereas Revenge Counter sees some use in PvP. And putting it in that column means you're giving up the 15% damage bonus from Magebane Tether, which by itself reduces your DPS from 40k to 34k without needing to do anything about Attacker's Insight, or even requiring Boon Duration. So switching between DPS and Alac Spellbreaker would mean you wouldn't even have to change gear, similar to Herald.

"Accelerated Insight" - Pulse Alacrity when you have Attacker's Insight.

Duration: 1s per AI Stack

Interval: 3s

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867

My humble opinion is that Spellbreaker does not need a boon that another spec can already dish out, however it does need a "job" other than DPS. 

Every Warrior elite spec can DPS. and so far BS and Zerker both have other jobs with Alac and Quick support. Spellbreaker SORT OF has a job with boon stripping, but that's a super situational thing. Most of Spellbreakers use-case is in PvP as a 1v1 dualist. 

I love PvE spellbreaker, here are a couple thoughts on how to make this less of a niche and more of an overall good fun spec to play in PvE... 

• Give enemies some boons to rip or convert. Plenty of classes can convert or remove boons. Spellbreaker thrives on the removal of these boons. But there are very few bosses, and even fewer 'trash mobs' who have boons to convert/rip.  I recommend giving a good amount of trash mobs even in low level areas a boon or two, And give more world/strike/raid/dungeon bosses skills where they can generate boons for themselves. Give players a reason to care about boon rip/steal/convert. This makes other classes with boon manipulation fun as well.
  • Give spellbreaker some AOE defensive boons/barrier support traits. Maybe a trait that grants barrier with every successful F1/F2, or give him a "Might makes right" trait that acts as AOE healing every time you give yourself might, play into the defensive nature of the new staff that's about to drop.
  • Do something with the Spellbreakers utility skills to make them more usable in PvE. I know PvE and PvP skills can be adjusted separately. So why are spellbreaker skills so PvP-focused even in PvE. There is almost 0 use-case for "Sight beyond sight" in pve. The only spellbreaker skill I see people use is "Break Enchantments", which is still super situational in PvE. Taunting with "imminent threat" does barely any Break bar damage to bosses, and is not useful with trash mobs that are likely attacking you anyway. Featherfoot Grace isn't too bad, but it's a 'selfish skill' with a CD that's a bit high compared to the 'non-selfish' AOE stun break and condi removal "Shake it off". Maybe adjust spellbreaker utility skills to play into the defensive aspect of the class.

IDK, Just some thoughts from a PvE warrior main.