10 year old right-click camera bug still a problem.

I played a lot 10 years ago when the game released and I was very irritated by a camera bug that existed back then already.

Sometimes when you right-click to drag the camera around, the mouse cursor position doesn't lock and still keeps moving (while the cursor is invisible).
If you have more than 1 monitor, the mouse is able to go outside the game window and when that happens, the game loses focus because you right-click in your other monitor.
You lose control of your character and have to click back in the game window to continue playing, and this happens even when you run in full-screen and even though the game actually locks the cursor inside the game window.
Back then I only had 1 monitor so I was still able to play and just had to deal with the cursor moving all over the place.
Now I have 2 monitors and this breaks the game so bad that it's unplayable, and I don't understand how other multi-monitor players deal with this.
I genuinely would like to know how you deal with it?
I understand not everyone has this bug, but when I google it I find post about it spanning through all these 10 years.

Please trust me when I say that my mouse is not broken. I work all day long in design programs where I am constantly right-click-dragging to pan around the view. When the mouse is faulty, it's immediately noticeable, and I've had that problem with other mice in the past.

I found the key bindings for enabling "Action Camera" where the camera always moves with the mouse without right-clicking, like in other 3rd person games, and I find this very comfortable.
Without this, I would not be able to play the game.

After 10 years (I cannot stress the 10 years enough) there have been enough posts about this that I am 100% sure the developers know about it.
I'm almost convinced the Action Camera system was implemented just as a work-around for this bug.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

maybe this bug is still open because it only affect you two?

No, they are right and it doesn't only affect those to but everyone who plays with S and D not turning the camera but strafing instead. You then need to turn the camera by holding down the right mouse button, in which case the issue mentioned by the OP tends to occur.

On 11/17/2023 at 9:31 PM, bibbis.7041 said:

Istill keeps moving (while the cursor is invisible).
If you have more than 1 monitor, the mouse is able to go outside the game window and when that happens, the game loses focus because you right-click in your other monitor.

Selecting "Fullscreen" in the game's graphics settings prevents this from happening 99.9% of the time, because it restricts your cursor to the monitor you use for GW2.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Typo (meant fullscreen, not windowed fullscreen)
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I have been experiencing the same bug after one of the recent updates. It seems to come and go and it only affects Guild Wars 2. My husband who plays on a different computer with a different mouse has also been experiencing the same cursor bug. It impacts the playability of the game especially in competitive modes. I've been reading reddit and forum threads related to this bug in hopes of finding something that fixes it but I haven't found anything.

• Haha 1

SUPPORT:  CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS ON THE FIX LIST?  MOUSE CURSOR BUG

Right click+drag/turn camera for direction of character while moving causes Cursor to activate action-camera.  Click screen with left or right mouse goes back to normal, but natural movement is interupted from when action-camera triggers.  Can happen multiple times while trying to turn and position during encounters.

Related: sometimes Cursor stays "on" when right clicking and trying to move for direction with WSAD keys. When this occurs click on the screen does not bring the camera focus back.  Instead mouse arrow always shows when it should disappear while turning camera.  Directioning your character is difficult because mouse swings widely in direction far beyond normal movement required to orient your character.  The mouse mode does not go back to normal from click left or right.  Requires restart of game or going from windowed mode to full screen and back (meanwhile your character is getting killed, missing a jump in a puzzle etc.)  I do not know if this happens in full screen mode.  I play windowed.  I have tried altering my action camera setts = no help found there.  (Even tried shutting off action-camera, though that would be game breaking too, because I really need it for aiming fireballs etc)

SOOOO FRACKING IRRITATING!!!!!

Logitec MX518 Mouse

I have had the same problem almost daily lately.  Seems it started with EoD for me.  Certain areas in Cantha do this daily.  Found this thread because it's almost game breaking at times and such an irritation in Convergences now.  When I looked in the past I didn't find any fixes or settings that keep this from happening, or any notes about certain hardware causing it.  This bug sure makes me wanna smash things.. screws up your beetle regularly, along with most fights.  The action camera just kicks on and then click again goes back to screen.  Once in a while, the mouse gets stuck as the OP mentioned and flys like a mushy mouse and you have to move much farther to the sides to directions your character.

Submitting as a ticket today 12/2/2023

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Googling brought me here. Is there any fix to this?

Been driving me crazy, it's so hard to PvP with this bug. How do people deal with this?

I know for a fact it's not my mouse. I also use "a" and "d" as strafe left and right instead of turn left and right if that matters...although I don't think so because it happens even when I'm standing still. I've tried using the lowest possible settings and it does not help at all, frame limiter capped or not.

Also, if you have multiple monitors(I have 3) if you move the cursor to the very edge of the screen in FULLSCREEN mode, keep swiping to the left or right(with the cursor at the edge of the screen) then right click. It will make you right click outside the game and into your second/third monitor, then you would need to move your cursor back to the main screen and click again to enable to window in order to continue playing the game. Imagine being mid fight trying to turn your character, or disengage from a fight and you end up just sitting there not moving because your mouse clicked off-screen... in a full screen game...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This affects many players.

It's sad and embarrassing that devs do not address this.

Idk how something as fundamental as the player-camera turning can be kept in this state for so long.
Even the fix provided by the Unofficial Extras Arc plugin no longer works. At this point, I might aswell quit the game and spend my money elsewhere.

Edited by Levi.8369
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, Levi.8369 said:

This affects many players.

It's sad and embarrassing that devs do not address this.

Idk how something as fundamental as the player-camera turning can be kept in this state for so long.
Even the fix provided by the Unofficial Extras Arc plugin no longer works. At this point, I might aswell quit the game and spend my money elsewhere.

Just had this happen to me.  Very annoying.  

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1