OMG! Queensdale Was Exploding With The New Hero Jump Start Bonus Event!

Queensdale was jammed packed the evening this bonus event started. Skyscales were shooting fireballs all over the place, at centaurs, bandits, and almost anything else that moved. Every event, big or small, attracted a crowd. I keep a low level toon on each of my four alt accounts to do simple dailies like hearts. So I ran four low level toons through 5 events each in Queensdale to get their new weapon. Luckily I'm pretty familiar with all the events on that map from key farming and such, so I was able to keep up, or even a step ahead of the crowds as everyone tried to tag in while fireballs exploded everywhere and dismounts bowled over enemy mobs in job lots. It was great fun though, like a giant, jostling race. Kudos to whoever came up with this idea. And a heartfelt thank you from my four alt thieves who now each have a super cool, super powered shortbow to do their nefarious deeds with.  😍

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I joked yesterday in chat. Said: Every small event is zerged down by a huge zerg - and new players might even have a hard time getting credit for participation. (If they do low damage and the other players 1-shot everything.) Everyone of the veteran players wants their free skin from the weapon and the free bag. 😄 (Though you usually have enough money at that point that you can buy another bag. But free stuff ... everyone wants it. :D)

The exp increase is still there though - and after a while most veteran players might have done the achievements and the maps calm own. Also there is stuff (collection events) that scales up pretty hard. Taking like forever especially if out of the 50+ people a lot are idling. Then new players might still be able to participate to get credit.

My recommendation: Long-ranged weapon. A good computer. (Loading fast/instantly at using a waypoint.) And if needed and good terrain: Willing to use the beetle. Then you can arrive in time to even get a few hits for spiking down a veteran. (Some events are just to kill a veteran.)

2 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Hmm i didnt get anything for doing it. What zone do we have to go too it keeps sending me to the sylvari one but im human. I did 5 events in a couple of start zones but never got the weapon

Go to your Hero Panel -> Bonus Events -> Hero's Origin achievements

This category activates when you first talk to the Mist Stranger, which is currently located near the initial waypoint of the starting zones (details in the link). Then you complete any of the tasks = do 5 events in that zone. You can do it in any of the starter-zones, as there are achievements for all of them. Then you return to the Mist Stranger and obtain your Dreambound Weapon. The box you obtain depends on the class you have when you claim the reward (details in the link). But keep in mind that the weapon can only be claimed once per account.

For the Hero's Trusty Stachel, which is a reward for the meta-achievement, you obviously have to complete all tasks. 

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 2