Some of the dialog in SotO is...

Zera.9435

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I find the quality of dialogue in SotO an improvement, to be honest. Almost all dialogue after the core campaign had characters sound like dimwits. It is a fresh breeze that now NPCs (and our character) seem to have an IQ above 100. 😄

As for the pauses, I agree: the dramatic-effect rhetoric style is being overused. (Like Peitha, who still talks too slowly...)

It's a little hard for me to notice an 'improvement' in dialog quality with the unnecessary pauses standing out way more. I'll just take your word for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Whenever Peithra talks too much I just kinda zone out and it goes in one ear and out other. The low reverbing bass or whaterer they did to it is just hard to hear and pay attention to.

it took me a while to understand what was going on. peitha's voice actor has a very unique way of speaking and sounds similar to the female quaggan voice actor, and because of this they probably had to add alot of filters so you wouldn't just hear a quaggan all the time.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

What else do you intend to use them for?

Nothing really. The only time I've ever used them were to skip the Searing Ascent jumping puzzle because kitten that thing. Let's get back to talking about NPC dialog, not my lack of desire to use a particular item.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

it took me a while to understand what was going on. peitha's voice actor has a very unique way of speaking and sounds similar to the female quaggan voice actor, and because of this they probably had to add alot of filters so you wouldn't just hear a quaggan all the time.

Coo, Peitha loves you!