Will there be traits associated with the new weapons?

Hasmadad.4293

Title. Will the new weapons have specialized traits to go along with them, or will they just remain curiosities as other weapons will perform their jobs better? Pretty much every weapon in the game has an associated trait, so before you start with the "they don't need it" then you might as well say other weapons don't need it either and start another conversation about that instead, but please do it elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

it's kinda of the point of beta testing, to see where a weapon might be failing, or need some support where a simple rework of a skill isn't enough, these can then be implimented in a later balance update

5 minutes ago, Hasmadad.4293 said:

so before you start with the "they don't need it" then you might as well say other weapons don't need it either and start another conversation about that instead, but please do it elsewhere.

also, this, little bit passive-agressive, you might want to do it elsewhere 😉

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

In general, Anet has already been slowly reworking a lot of the old weapon skill traits over the past year or so to remove the whole idea of "this particular weapon isn't good unless you take it's paired trait." Given that, I don't know how likely it is that they'll implement a whole new set of traits specifically around the new weapons. We'll probably end up seeing significant changes to the actual weapon skills after the beta tests, since a good chunk of them leave a bit to be desired.

I'd be pretty surprised if they went with synergy traits since we know they don't really like them. Plus, that would involve them scrapping one trait for every profession to make way for a new one revolving specifically around these new weapons that all have a unique nuance about them.

• Thanks 1

The weapon traits I remember either gave reduced cooldowns for a specific weapon, or it was a modest buff to an attribute, but if you equipped a specific weapon it doubled that bonus.

The specializations do have signature weapons.  For example the chaos specialization for Mesmer used staff and was focused on conditions.

Virtuoso, chronomancer, and mirage have their own elite specializations with their own signature weapons.

I don't really know what kind of specialization could be made for the new mesmer rifle.  It would have to be a core specialization, at least I think A net is done with elite specializations for now.

The rifle will be a mesmer support weapon. The core support specialization for Mesmer is inspiration, and it has a trait related to the offhand focus weapon: warden's feedback.  Focus skills reflect projectiles and have reduced cooldowns.

I suppose they could just add rifle to that trait along with the focus.  I don't know if we want rifle skills to reflect projectiles...

Does OP want one of the existing weapon traits expanded to include the new weapon?

Or

Does OP want each class to have one core specialization reworked to include the new weapon?