Which pets are you guys enjoying the most right now?

kiwituatara.6053

I like the daze instead of snap, it gives the siege turtle much more use than it had before, about the power coefficient on the merged dazed I'd say it needs to be tracked, even without going a full oneshot build it will still deal heavy damage and it's funny because the siege turtle itself will NEVER reach those numbers on its own even when fully buffed.

Personally I liked the Polar (Arctic?) Bear, it's stun is very useful and can be easily used to completely CC chain the enemy until death, bad part is it only applies the stun after the full 1.5sec cast which is very slow and easy to dodge because you see the bear doing the animation, I would say make it perform the effect of the stun on the 20% way of the animation or so to avoid animation canceling abuse.

The moa changes are a good example to that, their screech is 0.5sec so it's quite fast until the effect starts applying.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197

12 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Nerfed--pig Maul was nerfed a few months back on the merged version and siamoth doesn't drop plasma anymore, so all Forages are worthless now.  

despite the plasma nerf on siamoth.... I find the stealth blind to be interesting useful. Wouldnt heavily invest in it but its might be slightly better than Smokescale due to it having some form of CC.

I untamed alot so I ftry to find a way to make use of every pet and siamoth feather consistent isn't bad, but I do miss the plasma boon abit.

I find it hilarious that you can fuse the essence of your turtle companion into your very soul and gain the power to shoot energy beams from your hands from the CANNON strapped to your turtle's back.

I've mostly been playing around with the Bristleback. Spike Barrage can stack some pretty nasty bleeds if it all hits.

Also been fiddling with Fire Wyvern. The fire AoE now does pretty decent damage if something stands in it for the entire duration. I still feel it needs to either last longer or do more damage for how long the channel is and how heavily telegraphed it is, though. Pheonix is much better. Gale Breath is like a slicing laser. It does pretty good damage for how fast the animation and cooldown is.

I really want to like the short-range drakes but dang. Why did Anet even bother buffing them if they didn't give them the ability to turn to adjust their aim like the bristleback can? That said I am enjoying the lunge on drakes' auto in general. They're pretty consistent at biting moving targets now. Chomp could've used a similar treatment. If you don't time it perfectly the drake just halts its movement for a second before resuming the chase.

Edited by Ehecatl.9172

5 hours ago, Oahkahmewolf.6210 said:

despite the plasma nerf on siamoth.... I find the stealth blind to be interesting useful. Wouldnt heavily invest in it but its might be slightly better than Smokescale due to it having some form of CC.

I untamed alot so I ftry to find a way to make use of every pet and siamoth feather consistent isn't bad, but I do miss the plasma boon abit.

That's a fair point--if it was an equippable item like thief's steal then I think Siamoth may straight up outclass smokescale due to still having a CC.  Though having constant feathers now probably isn't as bad as I initially thought, as the upside is it is no longer random.  

19 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

That's a fair point--if it was an equippable item like thief's steal then I think Siamoth may straight up outclass smokescale due to still having a CC.  Though having constant feathers now probably isn't as bad as I initially thought, as the upside is it is no longer random.  

I'm currently using Jungle spider for my pet, as I find it to be one of the most useful pets that synergies well with its unleash abilities. Its apply poison can be use inconjunction with its Venomous Outburst, so it catches people off guard that ability immobilizes them, If you do it right you can apply poison, Venom outburst while its in animation with entangling web.

Used to be a total of 6s imob, 7 with sword 3 or 8 if you have enough expertise, but now with the patch is a 4s immob + sword immob

Edited by Oahkahmewolf.6210