What's up with necro swords?

GeraldBC.4927

6 minutes ago, ohericoseo.4316 said:

In open world the swords are great for any elite spec since if you use blood bank trait your gaining a lot of survivability if you have blood bank. You can spec harbringer to have tons of self heal and then spend it all through swords. Scourge protects you well you spend all your hp because of barriers. It really just depends if the sword damage is high enough. Even barbringer shroud 1 and 2 can be spammed to equal reaper shroud 1 and 2. Yes you have reaper shroud 4 however it is 20sec recharge and if swords can do something that is worth not using that since it costs an almost 3 sec cast time then it would be worth dropping shroud to get more dmg from swords. All the specs have a lot of self sustain. Harbringer just lacks high hp/shroud hp or barriers. But it gets tons of self heal.

The hp cost could even be higher. The problem is they do not do enough damage yet. You could technically take  1,1,1 in harbringer traits and do very well. Its just the damage thats too low with swords. 

I agree. From what I saw, the swords seem quite laughable. I saw screenshots of you doing more damage to yourself than to the enemy. 😄 
In the end, I hope swords will be just as awesome as powerful as all other classes weapon will hopefully be, and that all 3 Elite specs can draw value from it.

38 minutes ago, Ahlaradra.5837 said:

I agree. From what I saw, the swords seem quite laughable. I saw screenshots of you doing more damage to yourself than to the enemy. 😄 
In the end, I hope swords will be just as awesome as powerful as all other classes weapon will hopefully be, and that all 3 Elite specs can draw value from it.

I do think swords should do a lot of damage to yourself. I feel they should make use of the huge barriers from scourge, healing from harbringer and shroud from reaper...... as well as blood bank trait. They should do a hell of a lot of damage to the user since necro has such huge self sustain. Thats the only way to balance out them having high damage. They need to deal even more damage to the user but deal 5x+ the current damage so you cant just go glass cannon and have to spec into blood and manage things like reapers shroud well. Thats the only real way to balance them.

Both the damage dealt to the user and to others needs to be increased. I wana use blood bank and shroud or barrier scourge. I want to be forced to spec into sustain and then blow literally 99% of my hp and depend on blood bank and shroud to stay alive. OR have to manage barriers as scourge so I dont blow all my hp just as barriers go deplete. 

The idea is the walk the edge of life and death. A slight miss step and you could die. But the pay off is huge. Thats very much a necro / black magic user.

Edited by ohericoseo.4316

33 minutes ago, ohericoseo.4316 said:

I do think swords should do a lot of damage to yourself. I feel they should make use of the huge barriers from scourge, healing from harbringer and shroud from reaper...... as well as blood bank trait. They should do a hell of a lot of damage to the user since necro has such huge self sustain. Thats the only way to balance out them having high damage. They need to deal even more damage to the user but deal 5x+ the current damage so you cant just go glass cannon and have to spec into blood and manage things like reapers shroud well. Thats the only real way to balance them.

Both the damage dealt to the user and to others needs to be increased. I wana use blood bank and shroud or barrier scourge. I want to be forced to spec into sustain and then blow literally 99% of my hp and depend on blood bank and shroud to stay alive. OR have to manage barriers as scourge so I dont blow all my hp just as barriers go deplete. 

The idea is the walk the edge of life and death. A slight miss step and you could die. But the pay off is huge. Thats very much a necro / black magic user.

Indeed. It can very well have a high tax/risk, just the damage needs to be worth it. Its damage output should certainly not mirror its self inflicted damage though. It needs to be higher.

17 minutes ago, Ahlaradra.5837 said:

Indeed. It can very well have a high tax/risk, just the damage needs to be worth it. Its damage output should certainly not mirror its self inflicted damage though. It needs to be higher.

I have zero problem having 28k hp + 14k barrier + shroud and having them take a 10k hp hit for me to do a base 10k hit + power scaling making that be more like 20k + crit dmg. I would still have around 20k shroud and 14k barrier even after two hits and heal up pretty kitten quick. Zero problem with it being a nice large hit equal to hp before power scaling. So I do agree the dmg needs to be higher then the hp spent but only after taking into acount stats. The damage is horrible right now. Remember that technically if your reaper you get some of the damage back as healing with the reaper trait. 

Edited by ohericoseo.4316

8 hours ago, ohericoseo.4316 said:

Gw2 has a large focus on open world. Events, metas, ect. Reaper is debated to be the best class for self suvivability solo. Yes you can technically do better with a scourge + warior due to warriors high hp helping with larger barriers but reapers shroud is very good for survivability and as such very popular. 
Scourge is amazing with barrier but then you give up a ton of dmg. Reaper can still have a 2nd health bar and give up no dmg. Harbringer does not get the 2nd bar but gets more actual self healing if built focused on it. The problem is with the debuff to max hp.... you can get 1 hit even with all the self healing well reapers shroud stops you from being 1 hit. 
Remember that well the game has no tank having a 2nd health bar is very nice. Not having any dedicated way to hold agro to tank something does largely effect the priotization of the 2nd health bar reaper has. Well I do like barrier scourge it can honestly get a bit boring to play and as I said harbringer is vulnerable to getting 1-2 hit due to low hp max. 

because of this many just want reaper to do some better dps. I expected the swords to be a way to dump all the extra hp you have well you go between blood bank barriers and shroud. This would sacrifice that survivability for damage and balance out the class so it did not do tons of damage and also never die. 

Reaper has been buffed a lot, so naturally of course its good.Arenanet after years of fighting the people with BUT MAH SECOND HEALTH BAR!! and elementalist is unrewarding due to complex nerf reaper complex classes should do more dps thing, so of course reaper gets nerfed into the ground and stayed that way for a while and slowly given small buffs and then a larger one and finally reaches  a point where its actually good.

10 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

What dagger needs to be is a support weapon alongside necro staff. Make them the boon+healing weapons and give proper healing to scourge for a vampiric scourge healing spec that isn't just a 3rd healer wannabe meme but not good to be a healer or boon support, just a safety barrier and rez bot. Just give dagger and staff healing and boons. Warhorn can be the support offhand, but insect swarm needs a serious revamp, it's terrible and Banshee's Wail is also really bad for a 20+ sec cd ability.

Would be great if dagger had a actual useunless its good in WVW? i dunno i never tried it in pve only a little in SPVP and i got wrekd.

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Reaper has been buffed a lot, so naturally of course its good.Arenanet after years of fighting the people with BUT MAH SECOND HEALTH BAR!! and elementalist is unrewarding due to complex nerf reaper complex classes should do more dps thing, so of course reaper gets nerfed into the ground and stayed that way for a while and slowly given small buffs and then a larger one and finally reaches  a point where its actually good.

Would be great if dagger had a actual useunless its good in WVW? i dunno i never tried it in pve only a little in SPVP and i got wrekd.

So just make any specs that are simpler be bad and never be used? Yeah.... great idea......
Many elite specs are simple and many complex. The difaculty needs to be balanced. Just making an entire elite spec garbage just makes the game worse. I would like it to be better. 
Also swords would technically make reaper more complicated because you have to then manage your shroud, hp and blood bank barrier so you dont die after dumping tons of hp well using swords and have something to fall back on. This means if life force is still replenishing you need to have barrier before you dump hp for damage. This literally makes it more complicated because you have to manage 3 resources to be able to max your damage. 
Ele has options. That itself is something they have to balance. Reaper gets 3 weapon sill bars and 1 utility healing. Something like Vindicator gets two weapon bars and 3 utility healing bars. Ele gets........ yeah. Having access to that many skills though complex is also a huge benefit to the class.

Dagger is actually very nice for open world solo builds. Since the 2nd skill can stack barrier on you with blood bank and the other 4 and 5 skills if you're reaper where fear and chill bleed.... both stack bleeds. 

You can go scepter but the dagger 2 can make a difference if you plan to solo a champion / boss type. Its not something I would depend on outside of open world solo use but it has its place. The extra overheal barrier can save your butt if you wana try soloing stuff that should not be solo'd. 
I would not use dagger if I did not need survivability. I would go scepter dagger. Not dagger dagger.