a few ideas of how they couuuld have nerfed forage pets without killing the fun

kitemay.1327

1. adding up to 6 new bundles for each pet to lower the odds of getting op stuff like elixir of heroes (preferred as i mostly love forage cause was only pet with random effects)

2  simply replace the op bundles with less op ones

3 modify the odds of any specific bundles showing up like egg 60% seed pod 35% elixir of heroes 5%

irrelevant to the title but seed pod (the tree one) was popular at in-game weddings

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/8/2023 at 6:59 PM, frazazel.7501 said:

I can't imagine ever actually picking up the bundles my piggies forage. Are there actual legitimate uses for scales and the like?

Well each porcine had a bundle related to it according to it's archetype.

Warthog was giving a Condition bundle:

Gunk / Venom Sac / Scale

Boar was giving a CC bundle:

Bone / Rock / Skull

Pig was giving a Support(?) bundle:

Healing Seed / Egg / Elixir of heroes (I think was the name?)

Siamoth was giving a Survival bundle:

Plasma (most desired) / Feathers / Tuft (why 2 stealth items with no difference in the effects God knows why)

Except the Siamoth if you see someone as soulbeast with the other porcines is because they wanted their abilities and their archetype and not for the forage ability.

For example if I was a condi user I would take Warthog for it's CC both in merge and unmerge and overall it's F3 ability as a deadly archetype. Of course other pets can be more useful but it's just more options.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
Typos when found

Well... Forage used to be cluncky and randomly good, now it's cluncky and bad... Ok, it's true that siamoth's can be somewhat useful, it's still cluncky though.

I still wonder why the devs are so fond of cluncky mechanics that simply feel out of place in their fast paced game. That said, the fact that they manage to even find into themself the will to make those mechanics fell even less rewarding than they already were is amazing.

I mean, you give up on your pet support for the 2 seconds he is foraging, then you need to waste some time to pick the bunlde which will lock you out of your weapon skills while you have it and after that you have to cast the bundle skill (often a 1 second cast time). It mean that the player have to sacrifice 3 to 4 seconds in a fight for effects that are, objectively, pretty bad.

As for the OP suggestions... The current forage skill is basically what you suggest as a 2nd option, but without the randomness, which make the current forage skill better (even if it's bad) than what you suggest in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

Well each porcine had a bundle related to it according to it's archetype.

Warthog was giving a Condition bundle:

Gunk / Venom Sac / Scale

Boar was giving a CC bundle:

Bone / Rock / Skull

Pig was giving a Support(?) bundle:

Healing Seed / Egg / Elixir of heroes (I think was the name?)

Siamoth was giving a Survival bundle:

Plasma (most desired) / Feathers / Tuft (why 2 stealth items with no difference in the effects God knows why)

Except the Siamoth if you see someone as soulbeast with the other porcines is because they wanted their abilities and their archetype and not for the forage ability.

For example if I was a condi user I would take Warthog for it's CC both in merge and unmerge and overall it's F3 ability as a deadly archetype. Of course other pets can be more useful but it's just more options.

that's made me a big sad, I used Saimoth all the time for my Bleed Ranger , maxed out the Escape and Sharpen utilities and used the Saimoth as a recovery escape/boon buff it was a delay ability for me to time out the bleeding on opponents.  it had so much use..guess i'll have to find new pets , havn't played gw2 since end of heart of thorns.   

Any new pets to recommend? that would go well with a Bleed/condi build , i do have Druid on it but i still need to look into that.