PVP NEEDS a /votekick option to deal with AFK or abusive teammates

mziven.2095

AFK teammates are pervasive and disruptive part of the PVP experience. Please give the team the option to kick them out. Ideally, they would be replaced with a bot, but just having them out of team and sustain a dishonor timer, so you don't que with the same group of people again and again, would be enough. The reporting system isn't enough, and players need some agency to police their own ranks!

• Confused 2

A lot of AFK is also tied to rage-quitters--giving them the power to votekick would be bad if they are also in duo with a friend/alt.  You'd go to votekick them and end up getting kicked yourself or waste enough time on the whole process that you lose the game anyway.  

My latest experience with AFK happened at end of game too, the aforementioned rage quit.  Had a BS that wanted to hero far all game, kept dying, cost us the game as they could have been literally anywhere else contributing--gets mad, afk's and blocks rest of team.  Not sure how vote kick solves that type of issue.  

8 hours ago, mziven.2095 said:

AFK teammates are pervasive and disruptive part of the PVP experience. Please give the team the option to kick them out. Ideally, they would be replaced with a bot, but just having them out of team and sustain a dishonor timer, so you don't que with the same group of people again and again, would be enough. The reporting system isn't enough, and players need some agency to police their own ranks!

Without reading any of this and just going by your title, a vote kicking system will get abused no matter what. If a person sucks, vote kicked.

I have seen some pretty pissed players try and kick people from WvW Zergs so I don't think it is a good idea. 

Over the silliest things like not committing to a push and standing to far back or even commiting to much and dying. 

I could see a situation where if you are not playing a Meta build or even if you are playing it badly you get kicked. 

Edited by Mell.4873