Nothing new under the Tyrian Sun

Last Crab.6054

that would be a dream come true...

but in all honesty....   any form of real competition has died probably somewhere 5 years ago....

Removing duoQ would fix quite alot of problems.  But at this point its just wayyy to late.  no change will breath back life into this shitshow.

Let people play with their friends, enjoy pvp for what it is. 

Your agenda is right... but i feel like you are screaming at a brickwall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

"Season 9 starts today!

Players ranked Platinum 2 (1,600) and above can no longer duo-queue in Ranked matches while seasons are active."

Seasons 9-12 - Best time to play ranked pvp in this game's history. Even the immortal chronobunker wasn't enough to ruin them because at most, you usually only had to deal with 1 and without their partner holding their hand the entire time 😘🌈🤗

Just that one simple change made this game fun again for 90% of the population(at that time)

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

that would be a dream come true...

but in all honesty....   any form of real competition has died probably somewhere 5 years ago....

Removing duoQ would fix quite alot of problems.  But at this point its just wayyy to late.  no change will breath back life into this shitshow.

Let people play with their friends, enjoy pvp for what it is. 

Your agenda is right... but i feel like you are screaming at a brickwall.

They could always split the queues into solos and teams. 2 separate leaderboards, 2 different ways 2 play. That's also a good way of determining if duoq is really about "playing with friends" or if people do it solely to farm soloqs and boost their own egos. Doesn't require any screaming because it satisfies both crowds. All it takes a small bit of effort on Anet's end.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

"Season 9 starts today!

Players ranked Platinum 2 (1,600) and above can no longer duo-queue in Ranked matches while seasons are active."

Seasons 9-12 - Best time to play ranked pvp in this game's history. Even the immortal chronobunker wasn't enough to ruin them because at most, you usually only had to deal with 1 and without their partner holding their hand the entire time 😘🌈🤗

Just that one simple change made this game fun again for 90% of the population(at that time)

They could always split the queues into solos and teams. 2 separate leaderboards, 2 different ways 2 play. That's also a good way of determining if duoq is really about "playing with friends" or if people do it solely to farm soloqs and boost their own egos. Doesn't require any screaming because it satisfies both crowds. All it takes a small bit of effort on Anet's end.

All we are asking for is fairness.

I used to think it was Ok, and I am wholeheartedly able to admit that I was wrong.

DUO Q is the sole reason this game mode is like it is, because they did not create a solo q and a 1-5 q.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

DUO Q is the sole reason this game mode is like it is, because they did not create a solo q and a 1-5 q.

Small correction, duo q + class swap are the reasons high lvl pvp is what it is. Remove duo queue and make it so the class you queue up as, is the class you're locked into for pvp that match. These two things are how people abuse matchmaker. If you really want to keep swap then you need a lobby like LoL where the swap is fair and everyone can see who's what BEFORE the match starts. 

I don't care about swapping at it's core, I just hate how dumb it is implemented in gw2 so either take it out or fix it so it's fair for everyone.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Small correction, duo q + class swap are the reasons high lvl pvp is what it is. Remove duo queue and make it so the class you queue up as, is the class you're locked into for pvp that match. These two things are how people abuse matchmaker. If you really want to keep swap then you need a lobby like LoL where the swap is fair and everyone can see who's what BEFORE the match starts. 

I don't care about swapping at it's core, I just hate how dumb it is implemented in gw2 so either take it out or fix it so it's fair for everyone.

You right about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

All we are asking for is fairness.

I used to think it was Ok, and I am wholeheartedly able to admit that I was wrong.

Its an easy trap to fall for tbh. On paper "playing with friends" is a good concept & hard to argue with, but if its about playing with friends then it should only be about playing with friends. If they gonna have the option to soloq, then that should be completely separate. When they mix together it just kills the competition and makes ranked boring af.

I'd even duoq if it was duoq vs other duoqs only because there's fun to be had there, 2v1 just lame. Then swap to soloq after chugging a redbull and normie friends gone to bed. 2 very different ways to game.

3 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

Fr I've tried to explain to people that even if all the wintraders and AFKS were banned tomorrow, if balance were made perfecto, whatever they do it wouldn't matter so long as teams are imbalanced. 2v1; Xv1, all a complete joke if someone is playing at an advantage. I feel like a ❄️SJW for saying this, but it really is unjust.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Fr I've tried to explain to people that even if all the wintraders and AFKS were banned tomorrow, if balance were made perfecto, whatever they do it wouldn't matter so long as teams are imbalanced. 2v1; Xv1, all a complete joke if someone is playing at an advantage. I feel like a ❄️SJW for saying this, but it really is unjust.

Out of curiosity. At what ratings have you guys been playing, say, in 2023?
Idk, I have never felt THIS to be a particular issue, not even:

8 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

duo q + class swap are the reasons high lvl pvp is what it is

When I'm playing against Boyce or Sind even I'm kittened, doesn't really matter if they are duo Q or not. Especially since a lot of "high lvl pvp" players play together in (m)ATs and already know how to play around each other without even communicating. In general, my experience so far is that most people don't communicate at all with their duo-Q partner, they just eliminate 1 bad rng afk throw spot in their team. Arguing "that's an advantage too" would be a bit of a stretch tho imo because why not fix stuff to improve the match quality so people have less afk/throwers in their matches in general instead of trying to drag everyone down to the same shitshow level of a clownfiesta pvp currently is?
I don't know, I was engaged in this topic several times the last week or so but so far I couldn't make out a single argument pointing towards "duo-Q is the root of all evil". Instead, it's always just another symptom that gets worse and worse with lower population numbers.
I'm not saying duo-Q should stay either btw. I don't really care, I am pretty much solo only and don't even have people to queue up with. But with virtually no attention to pvp from Anet I think duo-Q is FAR from the top priority to fix the game mode.

8 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

make it so the class you queue up as, is the class you're locked into for pvp that match.

Maybe even with a slight improvement: You can choose with which char you want to queue up (your current one being the default selection) and get auto-relogged on match start (once map selection is done, basically). This way the char is de-facto locked in for the matchmaker but people can still run around with their pve char and wait for the queue to pop. So there's practically no reason to allow swapping after accepting anymore as I think this is pretty much the only reason I have ever heard speaking against class locking during the match.
Would also give a bit of a quality of life improvement to "legit" opponents of said change as they don't have to join and manually relog to their pvp char.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2023 at 2:46 AM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Its an easy trap to fall for tbh. On paper "playing with friends" is a good concept & hard to argue with, but if its about playing with friends then it should only be about playing with friends. If they gonna have the option to soloq, then that should be completely separate. When they mix together it just kills the competition and makes ranked boring af.

I'd even duoq if it was duoq vs other duoqs only because there's fun to be had there, 2v1 just lame. Then swap to soloq after chugging a redbull and normie friends gone to bed. 2 very different ways to game.

"SJW" is just what right-wingers say to make themselves feel better when they don't have a girlfriend. It's a code word for 'Some lefty asked her out and took her for a spin before I had the chance!" .

21 hours ago, DoomNexus.5324 said:

When I'm playing against Boyce or Sind even I'm kittened, doesn't really matter if they are duo Q or not. Especially since a lot of "high lvl pvp" players play together in (m)ATs and already know how to play around each other without even communicating. In general, my experience so far is that most people don't communicate at all with their duo-Q partner, they just eliminate 1 bad rng afk throw spot in their team. Arguing "that's an advantage too" would be a bit of a stretch tho imo because why not fix stuff to improve the match quality so people have less afk/throwers in their matches in general instead of trying to drag everyone down to the same shitshow level of a clownfiesta pvp currently is?
I don't know, I was engaged in this topic several times the last week or so but so far I couldn't make out a single argument pointing towards "duo-Q is the root of all evil". Instead, it's always just another symptom that gets worse and worse with lower population numbers.
I'm not saying duo-Q should stay either btw. I don't really care, I am pretty much solo only and don't even have people to queue up with. But with virtually no attention to pvp from Anet I think duo-Q is FAR from the top priority to fix the game mode.

You're overthinking this. Duo queue is an exploit. It enables players to cheat the system. It is unjust. It has no place in multiplayer. "Playing with friends" and "coordinating" are just excuses.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 12/7/2023 at 6:35 AM, DoomNexus.5324 said:

Not playing in 2023 haven't since season 18 averaged plat2/plat3 when I did and I stopped because of duoq so our views vary there a bit. Granted, not only because of duoq but it was the straw that broke the camel's back

When I'm playing against Boyce or Sind even I'm kittened, doesn't really matter if they are duo Q or not.

Fr it makes all the  difference in the world because if they weren't together, they'd be split up, meaning they could end up on opposite teams and give the other 8 solos a chance especially if it was Sind because Sind is a shining example of carried by duoq. Boyce might be a little harder, but either way, not as hard without duoq.

Especially since a lot of "high lvl pvp" players play together in (m)ATs and already know how to play around each other without even communicating.

The excuse has always been to "play with friends" so if they aren't even doing that, then tf they duo'd for? Probably the advantage.

In general, my experience so far is that most people don't communicate at all with their duo-Q partner, they just eliminate 1 bad rng afk throw spot in their team. Arguing "that's an advantage too" would be a bit of a stretch tho imo

Not a stretch at all really. Does a soloq get to eliminate any bad rng on their team? No. Does a soloq get out of game communication with their randomly assigned team? No. There's more ways than just that what makes duoq an advantage over soloq, but even with just those two examples it becomes evident that duoq is an advantage.

because why not fix stuff to improve the match quality so people have less afk/throwers in their matches in general instead of trying to drag everyone down to the same shitshow level of a clownfiesta pvp currently is?

Being honest, I don't understand how that is meant to disprove that duoq is an advantage over soloq, and to answer it, it doesn't matter if people are afking and intentionally throwing if the competition they're doing it in is objectively unfair to begin with. If everyone played at the same level; nobody with an advantage over anyone else, then afks/throws would be the next biggest problem, but if the teams are imbalanced then who really cares because it's not competitive to begin with.

Maybe even with a slight improvement: You can choose with which char you want to queue up (your current one being the default selection) and get auto-relogged on match start (once map selection is done, basically). This way the char is de-facto locked in for the matchmaker but people can still run around with their pve char and wait for the queue to pop. So there's practically no reason to allow swapping after accepting anymore as I think this is pretty much the only reason I have ever heard speaking against class locking during the match.
Would also give a bit of a quality of life improvement to "legit" opponents of said change as they don't have to join and manually relog to their pvp char.

Should be that way 👍 because class-swapping is stupid too, only quantifiably less stupid than duoq much like afks. On the big bad scale, class-swapping is only rated as cringe, and it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue if people didn't have the extra control over matchmaking that duoq gives them.

10 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

"SJW" is just what right-wingers say to make themselves feel better when they don't have a girlfriend. It's a code word for 'Some lefty asked her out and took her for a spin before I had the chance!"

If she doesn't wait until marriage then you need to RUN 🏃‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5