convergences sub group on party finder

6 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

where do people advertise for this usually, or where should i advertise for the private mode?

id like to make some groups but not sure if theres a secret underground group that runs them, that does not discuss itself, as a first rule..

Its usually in SoTo section, or none at all.
Most of the playerbase that owns SoTO are used to how Convergences work now, so even with Sorrow(1 of the 2 boss variants) being a PITA, they can still just hop in Public lobbies whenever available and expect things to work out mostly ok.

7 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Nah, Ashan is definitely right this time.
Convergences is SoTO only content, so ppl LFG in SoTO section the most.
In fact, Ive never seen Tyria Convergence LFGs.

Yeah you're right since it's clearly Soto and not even in Tyria, let alone central  Tyria 🙂. I've done only a few in the first 2 weeks, I know one comm posted in Central Tyria and got full anyway quite fast.

But sometimes, in general, it's worth just checking the central tyria squads because I see people post various stuff there.

• Like 1

The thing is that - afaik (need to check the lfg again don't really remember it, only vaguely) the Dragonstorm thing was in "Champions" for the IBS. Where that chapter hat it's own category. Since that chapter did not have it's own map. Convergences should get a different one in the SotO section.

Some people use it in an odd way - would not be weird to actually use the thing in Tyrian squads since it uses ... "squads". In halloween people even place labyrinth farm wrongly there when there is a festival section. (And not just a few ... a ton in both instead of all of the lfg listings in the festival section.)

Afaik the central tyria thing also is used for S2 content (RIBA) - since there is no own section. DRM on the other hand ... have seen a few in strike section where they don't even belong (+ they are soloable) lol. The achievement hunters thing is totally unused.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Convergences should get a different one in the SotO section.

Some people use it in an odd way - would not be weird to actually use the thing in Tyrian squads since it uses ... "squads". In halloween people even place labyrinth farm wrongly there when there is a festival section. (And not just a few ... a ton in both instead of all of the lfg listings in the festival section.)

Afaik the central tyria thing also is used for S2 content (RIBA) - since there is no own section.

You get access to Dry Top/Silverwastes WITHOUT owning LW2 (entered there by accident while map completing while new), idk if they require HoT expansion exclusively, any expansion, or even without an expansion at all, but LW2 is not required to access it.
Personally Im leaning towards not requiring anything at all, which would mean SW can be accessed by pure core accounts > 
In that case, people just post RIBA in Core LFG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

You get access to Dry Top/Silverwastes WITHOUT owning LW2 (entered there by accident while map completing while new), idk if they require HoT expansion exclusively, any expansion, or even without an expansion at all, but LW2 is not required to access it.
Personally Im leaning towards not requiring anything at all, which would mean SW can be accessed by pure core accounts > 
In that case, people just post RIBA in Core LFG.

LS2 maps can be accessed by everyone, no matter , if you own any expansion, LS or only have an F2P-account

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Its usually in SoTo section, or none at all.
Most of the playerbase that owns SoTO are used to how Convergences work now, so even with Sorrow(1 of the 2 boss variants) being a PITA, they can still just hop in Public lobbies whenever available and expect things to work out mostly ok.

well sure the boss not too hard but with private you can just run more and get more essences. you need a load of them, thats what i was looking for. plus who doesnt love convergence, i sure do