Have there been any new bans for siege turtle taxi after those posts on reddit and this forum?

I was taxi-ing my alts on Street Noodles Chair around core Tyria to unlock waypoints and level them up today. 

Then I saw a post on reddit about people getting banned for doing the same thing with their siege turtles.

Have the devs actually improved their detection system to avoid false bans after those posts on reddit and this forum?

Is it safe to do it now? Or do I still have a risk of getting false ban?

I wouldn't want to get banned and write to support during Christmas holidays (since response times could be much longer).   

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, pustishka.6498 said:

I was taxi-ing my alts on Street Noodles Chair around core Tyria to unlock waypoints and level them up today. 

Then I saw a post on reddit about people getting banned for doing the same thing with their siege turtles.

Have the devs actually improved their detection system to avoid false bans after those posts on reddit and this forum?

Is it safe to do it now? Or do I still have a risk of getting false ban?

I wouldn't want to get banned and write to support during Christmas holidays (since response times could be much longer).   

Maybe send an email/ticket to Support and ask.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, pustishka.6498 said:

I did it after they said they did improve the auto detection and my alts got still banned. They unbanned them within a day though. It has been a week or something, not sure about now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

All the information is in this post:

So yes, unintended use.  Thank you... informative indeed... Anet themselves pretty much clarified the situation with their closing remarks.  As this particular use-case is not of personal interest regardless, the Turtle will continue to remain parked in the garage!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

So yes, unintended use.  Thank you... informative indeed... Anet themselves pretty much clarified the situation with their closing remarks.  As this particular use-case is not of personal interest regardless, the Turtle will continue to remain parked in the garage!

I'm not sure you've read it correctly (or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here?). The use is intended and allowed, but there's still a risk of being mislabeled by an automated system. The linked post literally says: "Our team knows about this legitimate use of mounts and chairs, and we look at more contextual data to inform our review. We understand that the possibility for false positives exists regardless(...)".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

All the information is in this post:

I don't see any mention about improving detection system, if you get a false positive, contact support and that's it.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fturtle-mount-taxi-ban-issue-solved-v0-wultdz1vsr5c1.png%3Fwidth%3D1131%26format%3Dpng%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D0af868913291258d570c0b770b2d1bad1b4dcaae

Here's GM's response to such ban. They say they implemented measures to prevent future errors.

That's what I'd like to know, whether someone was banned after these new measures.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, pustishka.6498 said:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fturtle-mount-taxi-ban-issue-solved-v0-wultdz1vsr5c1.png%3Fwidth%3D1131%26format%3Dpng%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D0af868913291258d570c0b770b2d1bad1b4dcaae

Here's GM's response to such ban. They say they implemented measures to prevent future errors.

That's what I'd like to know, whether someone was banned after these new measures.  

Anet will never reveal any actions taken against players.  If you are worried about getting a ban over the holidays, then maybe just don't attempt to do this until after?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

• 3 weeks later...

and here I thought this was dead and buried..... /sigh

The most common thread among those who got banned in the reddit post were usually those who do every waypoint in core tyria in a very small amount of time. So if you are looking to rapidfire unlocking the whole world for your alt account, you may just have to accept the possibility of being banned. If you are banned you can appeal.

The amount of people affected by this is going to be very small comparative to the game's population. It's also naive to think Anet would layout exactly how their detection system works, otherwise botter will adjust their programs to prevent detection. 

Does it suck for thoe who want to get their alt account every wp in 30 minutes? Yeah. Does it really matter to the game as a whole? Not really, let's be honest. How many people have extra alt accounts and even play them enough to need that on them too?

If you just want to play with your friend and taxi him from A to B you got nothing to worry about most likely. If you trying to fast track a map completion... then maybe but again there's trail packs for that that would probably be more effective anyway.

• Confused 3

On 12/21/2023 at 3:24 PM, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

A more basic question, why would that be not allowed?  For being some kind of unintended use?

Edit: Just saw this is a Necro Post. 😅

In short. People abused the duck out of the system. Either via bots/programms whatever to get Map completion in record times.

Anet then banned these people.

Then these people made reddit posts, claiming that "using the turtle to help people" gets you banned.

Reddit ofcourse believed that BS and it spread around like wildfire. That even newer players stopped using the turtle out of fear for a ban.

Later, it turned out that this was obviously total BS. But people still believe that you can get banned for an intendet use of the turtle.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4