Fervent Force was so fun

Ichibanohime.2890

On 12/23/2023 at 7:39 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

It was also extremely toxic to ranger balance.

"Toxic" enough to make people switch to necro I guess 😂.

FF and OWP nerfs were just hatchet fixes to small issues that devs don't want to take the time to whiteboard to fix.  Both were egregious as they eliminated a certain playstyle that had been cultivated for years (burst slb--all modes, and power untamed--in PvE), and gave nothing in return.

Right now is a bad time to play ranger, so I don't blame OP for dusting off the necro.  Every necro spec has a place at the moment--only one or two ranger specs does lol.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

FF was fun as hell, it was my instant pick for my bomb build in WvW, it let me stay longer inside a bomb and keep DPS up on top of giving CDs back for faster bomb rotations/attempts.

Now that it's gone Let Loose is in my opinion good for bunker or roaming because of the usefulness of the sustain and overall ambush skills.

Sadly for other game modes Untamed got hurt from that change since now Power/Condi Untamed will select only Ferocious Symbiosis where earlier you at least had the opinion to go for FF.

For now I ignore Restorative Strikes since it has very low value but I might give it a go when maces come out since I am theorycrafting a build without Wilderness Survival for roaming in WvW.

I can't help but think that Anet just hate rangers in general.

First Unnatural Traversal nerf (cast time addition) which removed any dynamic combo you could think of (Thump => Unleash Ranger => UT => Unleashed Swing for gaining quickness from the CC into heavy damage due to target being disabled, the known Hilt Bash => UT => swap to drake => Maul + Tail Swipe, Nature's Binding => UT and more combos)

Then removing fury from Let Loose in WvW and sPvP because of sPVP.

Afterwards OWP unnecessary nerf instead of a better solution and following up with removal of knockdown from smokescale and giving a kitten DMG skill in return which does lower damage than the turtle daze by miles, not to mention the smokescale misses it 90% of the times due to the unnecessary cast time of the skill that was left from the knockdown version.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
  • Like 6

On 12/24/2023 at 3:02 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

"Toxic" enough to make people switch to necro I guess 😂.

FF and OWP nerfs were just hatchet fixes to small issues that devs don't want to take the time to whiteboard to fix.  Both were egregious as they eliminated a certain playstyle that had been cultivated for years (burst slb--all modes, and power untamed--in PvE), and gave nothing in return.

Right now is a bad time to play ranger, so I don't blame OP for dusting off the necro.  Every necro spec has a place at the moment--only one or two ranger specs does lol.  

I've personally gone to mesmer. It was more than soulbeast and untamed, druid as well got hit hard too. The changes removed their ability to disengage fights in WvW effectively. They may be slightly stronger in an upfront battle but if you're outnumbered and need to back off, you can't do that effectively anymore (removal of ancient seeds/loss of trapper runes/reduction of celestial shadow to 2 seconds/heavy repeated nerfs to smokescale/loss of evade on staff/among more). You're also more vulnerable to thieves/willbenders now. The resurgence of thieves with unstoppable disengage is because they removed one of its most reliable counters.