WvW infusion and stealth

Boh.4568

It's nice that we have a WvW-only infusion, but as every other WvW related stuff it's broken: when you stealth, on your screen you get that quasi-invisible effect on your character, but the infusion overrides this and you basically look the same, so you are forced to check your tiny invisible weapons or your tiny stealth boon icon to know when you are visible again. The SOTO purple infusion doesn't have this issue, so I don't think this should be a hard thing to fix. Dunno about other full-body infusions since I'm too poor to afford one.

Or alternatively you could double-break it and have it show your character also on enemy screen, so I could locate enemy thieves and mesmers 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

Dunno about other full-body infusions since I'm too poor to afford one.

Polyluminescent Undulating Infusion (Black) also has this issue when you stealth.

I had to stop wearing it on my deadeye as it was too difficult to tell if I was in stealth or not.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Why is it hard to look at your boon bar for the stealth buff?

When you are in the heat of a battle and your squad veils to either push or bait and switch direction, you need to pay attention because if that one mark you left 30 seconds ago gets triggered you lose stealth and you will give away the squad position. In that moment you should realize you are visible and walk another direction, but your boon/condi bar will have 10000 icons and it's not a good thing to start looking for that 128x128px icon while the enemy squad pushes your cheeks in.

This is just an example that applies to advanced players. For myself who usually just stealths from SMC fountain to gank some rando after 4 hours of AFK it's just that I don't like my character not diasppearing.

• Haha 1

The boon/garbage bar is a terrible design.

Back in the days I sometimes tried to read some of the... icons but I've given that up because they jump around with every new boon.

I have to mount to see if I still have food running because the spam bar exceeds my visible screen.

Edited by Lucy.3728