Nerf DH guardian traps.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:07 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

Just get 1 decent herald/vindi cent/staff support to counter condi cata, due to higher clense output than its 1 fire stack spam, ez (Litterally was the case). But should every team be forced to run potentially multiple of that support (3x cata) just for condi cata? and does the fact rev support countered it HARD, mean condi cata was not opressive AF to other specs? Get outta here "bruh". Genuinely, you could set up dome, and just spam hammer auto attacks to counter 2 condi catas damage, but it doesnt changethe fact condi cata was kitten kitten, just like DH. Only diff here.. the playerbase left is basically garudians, necros and warriors + SB.. defending the kitten out of horrible mechanics becuase you all got use to crutches.

Last game I played was against an X top 50 power herald. He absolutely dominated the game, I was on power vindi, and just not fast enough to react to his skills. Perfect.. thats how it should go (although we can argue at g1 I should not be in the same game as a top 50, even if he was just placing). However.. if I was sitting on scourge, BS, something like that? I would have shut his burst down through crutch face tank mechanics.. not skill. We were both on specs that = death if you do not mitigate properly (he kited like any decent herald does, thats part of not melting for them). Can we get the game back to that? or shall we just keep encouraging bs like DHs, rushing points, never dodging , and pumping out rediculous low skill area denial. Its fking kitten that a game like this has such a high skill floor with the dodge system, and then Anet and the playerbase completely kitten all over that with specs that are increasingly being rewarding for just face tanking while spamming dps buttons. When I say face tank, I also mean the abundence of block/invuln abilitys still allow the player to attack and just spam dps keys, never touching the dodge key, until it is litterally a last resort after failing the kill.

At the same time, I don't wanne see the days back where you die in <2 seconds to a jump spec becuase you missed 1 dodge.. thats also bs. I got ganked by a jump mirage like that the other day, I had used dodges on another plater during a group fight, the guy I was attacking was on the retreat, the mirage jumped, I instantly swaped legend to use an evade skill but died before I could press it. It was litteraly a 2 second down>cleave. Specs like that are what pushed the game into lower skill face tanking bunkers.. power gank is part of the problem.

You should wait, till people realize there's an extremely tanky necro build, the tears from you after that is gonna be amazonggggg 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

You should wait, till people realize there's an extremely tanky necro build, the tears from you after that is gonna be amazonggggg 

You must be referring to that scourge build I see running around in 3v3s right now.

It is putrid.

7 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Nothing new there, necro and garudian face tank creep, been happening all along.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Nothing new there, necro and garudian face tank creep, been happening all along.

Oh buddy, tsk tsk, not like the build I'm talking bout, makes all other necro builds look even more squishy than they already are. Clearly you and alot of people have not figured it out yet.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Oh buddy, tsk tsk, not like the build I'm talking bout, makes all other necro builds look even more squishy than they already are. Clearly you and alot of people have not figured it out yet.

Yeah we are not smart enough, unfortunately.

On 1/18/2024 at 8:47 AM, Frequency.6407 said:

DH were never a problem even when they had stealth. So what exactly changed? Is it

1. Aegis on trap (that's new, anything else?)

2. Classes that kept DH in check were nerfed (e.g. short bow renegade was pretty good against DH pre-EoD)

3. ???

Maybe there is a lack of scepter catas which are naturally good against DH. Or even rangers in general after they were nerfed. Power mesmers seem to handle DH well but they're also in short supply.

I think you got it, especially in regard to Ranger which can bait out traps.