Sliver of Vlast - pls no more soulbound

Hello,

playing through the game with my latest account and I notice that my chars, that played through PoF, have Slivers of Vlast in their inventory but they are soulbound.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sliver_of_Vlast

Why?
It makes no sense to me.
It's still just 1 account.

I would have liked to combine the splitters scattered across several characters. All in the inventory of one character.  But in the end I threw them away at the merchant because I'm not going to start "farming" shards with 1 character.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

the Slivers aren't supposed to be farmed, they're used only to complete the associated Renown heart; any excess slivers in your inventory once the heart has been completed that day can be traded in for an insignificant amount of karma

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the Slivers aren't supposed to be farmed, they're used only to complete the associated Renown heart; any excess slivers in your inventory once the heart has been completed that day can be traded in for an insignificant amount of karma

if you read the link there is a weapon for 50 slivers

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

it's a single use bundle item that you can only purchase once a day per account, that deals slightly more damage to Forged, Awaked, and Branded;  It's hardly a significant items to consider 'Farming' slivers for

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It's not a true weapon though, it's a gizmo.  It's a single use item...I'm not sure why one would really want to farm for it.  It's not even a skin.  

OP what are you farming them for?  It seems like a lot of work for...nothing. 

28 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's not a true weapon though, it's a gizmo.  It's a single use item...I'm not sure why one would really want to farm for it.  It's not even a skin.  

ouch then its a pretty hard to justify the price for it =P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

ouch then its a pretty hard to justify the price for it =P

Yeh weird right?  I recall getting it, and also like is that all it is?  I guess it one just wants an extra dump for the slivers or some kind of role play thing?   No clue.  Otherwise it's just karma.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I'm not farming. Anything. At all.

I'm playing the game and those things pop up in the inventory. Most likely when doing the meta.

I just wanted to collect all the shard in one character and try the gizmo, because it is there.

But not like that, because as you said, farming them would be useless work for nothing but curiosity. Not worth a hassle.

The question remains: why are they soulbound? Not why I want them.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

I think the OP is trying to say that they want to buy the Vlast Avenger gizmo (single-use rifle) regularly. You can only buy it once per day and some days they may have shards left over and want to use them the next day to reduce the amount of time required to get it, but don't want to be restricted to getting it on the same character each day.

16 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I'm not farming. Anything. At all.

I'm playing the game and those things pop up in the inventory. Most likely when doing the meta.

I just wanted to collect all the shard in one character and try the gizmo, because it is there.

But not like that, because as you said, farming them would be useless work for nothing but curiosity. Not worth a hassle.

The question remains: why are they soulbound? Not why I want them.

Good reason...thanks for explaining.  Since it ties to the renown heart, I assume that's why as part of your character's individual journey, and only used exclusively at that point.  I think most things that are heart specific are soulbound?

• Like 1