Harbinger - Vile Vials

My personal opinion is that Harbinger already depend too much on elixirs and elixirs already carry way too many effects.

2 traits affecting elixirs is already at least 1 too many trait affecting elixirs.

From my point of view, an ideal trait for harbinger would be:

Vile vial: When using any utility skill drink a minor elixir of anguish.

-> Minor elixir of anguish: Gain swiftness 3s, quickness 1.25s and 5 stacks of blight (25s).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

My personal opinion is that Harbinger already depend too much on elixirs and elixirs already carry way too many effects.

2 traits affecting elixirs is already at least 1 too many trait affecting elixirs.

-> Minor elixir of anguish: Gain swiftness 3s, quickness 1.25s and 5 stacks of blight (25s).

Yeah cause harbinger without elixirs is kinda like a car without wheels. You don’t get enough blight n stuff.

your suggestion would be cool.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Agreed.  Elixirs should have one trait only.  I'm not sure what your trait would accomplish, though, as it's in direct competition with the reasons you would actually want blight.

11 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Agreed.  Elixirs should have one trait only.  I'm not sure what your trait would accomplish, though, as it's in direct competition with the reasons you would actually want blight.

Does a trait need to stay in the same spot after a rework? The goal of the trait would be to break free from the clutch that elixirs are currently. Also, whatever it's position, the ability of this trait to generate blight mean a more reliable way to sustain for the character (Let's keep in mind that each stack of blight contribute to a heal over time).

If it stay where it is, it just mean that you have less of a hard time (more utility skills flexibility) with your sustain at the cost of lower damage modifiers, which I personally find totally acceptable.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

Is it really helpful for sustain if you're lowering your max health, though?

Ironically, it could be taken as a DPS trait with Relic of Vass.  Making your utility elixirs add a poison stack to your next 6 hits can add up.  I don't know if the relic has a cap on how many stacks it can have, but if it does, it's at least 15.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180

11 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

If it stay where it is, it just mean that you have less of a hard time (more utility skills flexibility) with your sustain at the cost of lower damage modifiers, which I personally find totally acceptable.

That’s my main issue with elexirs on harb. At least 3 of them almost seem mandatory. That’s kinda meh.

2 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

That’s kinda harbingers „thing“ right? I mean you get heals out of it but yeah…

i‘m not satisfied with harbingers design from this point of view so i barely play it but it is what anet intended (more or less).

maybe they rework harb one day but i guess it’s not soon.

3 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

It is. I mean, your question is like asking a warrior traited with MMR and Mending might if farting might is helpful for sustain.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:59 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

It is. I mean, your question is like asking a warrior traited with MMR and Mending might if farting might is helpful for sustain.

What if said warrior ate a LOT of beans before battle?

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682

I really like the idea of a trait that makes you drink an elixir when using your utilities. Mechanically, however, it should work a bit more like the other major adept traits: giving you extra stats to boost your playstyle. I think it could affect either concentration or healing, depending on whether they want Harbinger to have a healing option or not. Nonetheless, and as pointed out by others, it competes with dps traits, which makes it a bit irrelevant for qdps or dps Harbinger...

With that in mind, you could make it a trait that shares the healing effect from Alchemic Vigor with your allies (which increases with your blight), alongside drinking the agony elixir.