Big Wishlist for Warrior Changes. My hopes and dreams for 2024.

DanAlcedo.3281

Weapons

Dagger

• Remove the Aftercast from [Slicing Mealstrom].
  • Increase Target Cap of [Wastrel's Ruin] to 3.
  • Reduce the Cooldown of [Bladestorm] to 18 Seconds. Add 3 seconds of Quickness (PvE only). Reduce Casttime to 1 Second.

Rifle

• Reduce the Casttime of [Fierce Shot] to 1/2 Seconds.
  • Reduce the Casttime of [Volly] to 2 Seconds.
  • Increase the Damage of [Explosive Shell] to (1.8) (Pve Only) . Slighty increase cone size.
  • Make Brutal Shot shoot at the same time as the Dodge. Increase Damage to (1.2) (PvE Only).
  • Add a 300 Range Leap and Leap Finisher to [Rifle Butt].
  • Remove Root from [Kill Shot].
  • Increase Damage of [Gun Flame] to (3.0) (PvE Only).

Hammer

• Reduce the Cooldown of [Backbreaker] to 22 Seconds (PvE only). Increase Target Cap to 3.
  • Add a Version of Staggering Blow with Knocksdown instead of Knockback.
  • Increase Damage of [Rupturing Smash] to (2.5). (PvE Only)

Greatsword

• Remove the Root from [Hundred Blades]. Reduce Casttime to 2,5 Seconds.
  • Copy Paste the Code from [Bull Charge] to [Rush].
  • Reduce the Casttime of [Blade Trail] to 1/2 Seconds. Add a Pull when the Blade returns.

Mace Mainhand

• Total Rework to a Support Weapon or massiv Damage buffs in PvE Only.

Traits

Strength

• [Forcefull Greatsword] Rework
  • Renamed to [Mighty Blows]. (Name is a placeholder)
  • Gain 250 Power.
  • Critical Hits grand Might. Duration of 5 Seconds. 1 Stack.
  • Cooldown reduction baseline. ( Topic to debate)
  • [Aggressive Onslaught] Increase Quickness Duration to 4 Seconds. (PvE Only)

Arms

• [Burst Precision] Increase Buff Duration to 4/5/6 (PvE Only). Increase Ferocity Bonus to 300. (PvE Only)

Defense

• [Merciless Hammer] Bonus Damage now also works on all skills that have a Hard CC on it.

Tactics

• [Phalanx Strength] Added effect: [Mending Might] now also applies to Allies.

Discipline

• [Crack Shot] All effects are now Baseline. Rework.
  • New Effect: Ammunition skills on Weapons recharge 20% faster. Gain 5 Adrenalin when an Ammunition skill is used.

Berserker

• Ability to exit Berserker early Baseline.

Spellbreaker

• [Slow Counter] Rework.
  • New Effect: Gaining a Stack of [Attackers Insight] grants Alacrity. Target Cap 5. Duration of 4 Seconds.

Utility Skills

• [Healing Signet] Healing per Second increased to 400. (PvE Only)
  • [Bulls Charge] Cooldown reduced to 20 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Kick] Damage increased to (1.5). Recharge reduced to 12 Seconds. Now applies Knockdown instead of Knockback. All changes (PvE Only).
  • [Stomp] Cooldown reduced to 20 Seconds. Now applies Knockdown instead of Launch. Damage increased to (1.0). (PvE Only)
  • [For Great Justice] Fury Duration increased to 12 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Featherfoor Grace] Cooldown reduced to 15 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Imminent Threat] Cooldown reduced to 15 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Fear me] Cooldown reduced to 20 Seconds. (PvE Only)
Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Q: Why are you listing damages as 1000(3.0)? There is no base damage, so just list the modifier.

Huh. You know, im my over 17k hours. I just took a deeper look at it. And you are right.

I always assumed that there was a base dmg, based on the Wiki.

The more you know. Will remove it .

32 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Weapons

Dagger

• Remove the Aftercast from [Slicing Mealstrom].
  • Reduce the Cooldown of [Bladestorm] to 18 Seconds. Add 3 seconds of Quickness (PvE only). Reduce Casttime to 1 Second.
  • Make the Destruction of the Empowered count on Breaching Strike if the target had boons to be removed.
  • Add cleave to Wastrel's Ruin or make the current damage values 20% larger.

Rifle

• Reduce the Casttime of [Fierce Shot] to 1/2 Seconds.
  • Reduce the Casttime of [Volly] to 2 Seconds.
  • Increase the Damage of [Explosive Shell] to 800(1.8) (Pve Only) . Slighty increase cone size.
  • Make Brutal Shot shoot at the same time as the Dodge. Increase Damage to 660 (1.2) (PvE Only).
  • Add a 300 Range Leap and Leap Finisher to [Rifle Butt].
  • Remove Root from [Kill Shot].
  • Increase Damage of [Gun Flame] to 1000(3.0) (PvE Only).

Yes to all of this.

Hammer

• Reduce the Cooldown of [Backbreaker] to 22 Seconds (PvE only). Increase Target Cap to 3.
  • Add a Version of Staggering Blow with Knocksdown instead of Knockback.
  • Increase Damage of [Rupturing Smash] to 1000(2.5). (PvE Only)
  • Add an immobilize (2s) on Hammer Shock if it strikes a CC'd target.

Greatsword

• Remove the Root from [Hundred Blades]. Reduce Casttime to 2 Seconds.
  • Copy Paste the Code from [Bull Charge] to [Rush].
  • Reduce the Casttime of [Blade Trail] to 1/2 Seconds. Add a Pull when the Blade returns.
  • YES to all of the above.
  • Add the ability for Blade Trail to bounce off of terrain. For Blade Trail and Path of Scars on Ranger have the initial hit do damage in PvP/WvW.

Mace Mainhand

• Total Rework to a Support Weapon or massiv Damage buffs in PvE Only.
  • Dev: Please play this weapon
    Warriors: Rework it then.
    • Counterblow's attack should be the flipover and should get a scaling damage increase for every attack blocked, and cleave.
    • Pommel Bash should cleave and grant barrier in an AoE.
    • Crushing Blow's cast time reduced to 1/4s
    • Tremor becomes a cascading AoE like CoR or a cone AoE like Hammer Shock.

Traits

Strength

• [Forcefull Greatsword] Rework
  • Renamed to [Mighty Blows]. (Name is a placeholder)
  • Might Grants 10 more Power per Stack.
  • [Aggressive Onslaught] Increase Quickness Duration to 4 Seconds. (PvE Only)

In addition to Pinnacle of Strength? Or are you just rolling that into the trait to open design space?

Arms

• [Burst Precision] Increase Buff Duration to 4/5/6 (PvE Only). Increase Ferocity Bonus to 300. (PvE Only)
  • Yes
  • Wounding Precision changed to add 1 stack of Torment for 2s when inflicting the bleeding condition.

Defense

• [Merciless Hammer] Bonus Damage now also works on all skills that have a Hard CC on it.

That bonus damage isn't going to do a whole lot on the Hard CCs in certain game modes... I'd rather put damage procs on CC in Body Blow.

Tactics

• [Phalanx Strength] Added effect: [Mending Might] now also applies to Allies.

Make that inherent to Mending Might. Phalanx Strength should be a full boon share trait instead, at set durations for each boon.

Discipline

• [Crack Shot] All effects are now Baseline. Rework.
  • New Effect: Ammunition skills on Weapons recharge 20% faster. Gain 5 Adrenalin when an Ammunition skill is used.
  • YES, the adrenaline gain may need to be less though. I can see that getting out of hand.

Berserker

• Ability to exit Berserker early Baseline.
  • Update Eternal Champion then to grant barrier upon entry along with it's current effects.

Spellbreaker

• [Slow Counter] Rework.
  • New Effect: Gaining a Stack of [Attackers Insight] grants Alacrity. Target Cap 5. Duration of 4 Seconds.
  • YES

Utility Skills

• [Healing Signet] Healing per Second increased to 400. (PvE Only)
  • [Bulls Charge] Cooldown reduced to 20 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Kick] Damage increased to 500(1.5). Recharge reduced to 12 Seconds. Now applies Knockdown instead of Knockback. All changes (PvE Only).
  • [Stomp] Cooldown reduced to 20 Seconds. Now applies Knockdown instead of Launch. Damage increased to 600(1.0). (PvE Only)
  • [For Great Justice] Fury Duration increased to 12 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Featherfoor Grace] Cooldown reduced to 15 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Imminent Threat] Cooldown reduced to 15 Seconds. (PvE Only)
  • [Fear me] Cooldown reduced to 20 Seconds. (PvE Only)

Cool. I would still want the old Wildblow falcon punch blowout added back in somewhere though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Huh. You know, im my over 17k hours. I just took a deeper look at it. And you are right.

I always assumed that there was a base dmg, based on the Wiki.

The more you know. Will remove it .

What you see listed is the along the lines of [AVG weapon power * Skill coefficient * 1000 power]/2597. For skills they use the unequipped weapon average of 690.5. Things like Reaper Shroud use hammer values for the weapon power.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:
  • Make the Destruction of the Empowered count on Breaching Strike if the target had boons to be removed.
  • Add cleave to Wastrel's Ruin or make the current damage values 20% larger.

Yes to all of this.

• Add an immobilize (2s) on Hammer Shock if it strikes a CC'd target.
  • YES to all of the above.
  • Add the ability for Blade Trail to bounce off of terrain. For Blade Trail and Path of Scars on Ranger have the initial hit do damage in PvP/WvW.
  • Dev: Please play this weapon
    Warriors: Rework it then.
    • Counterblow's attack should be the flipover and should get a scaling damage increase for every attack blocked, and cleave.
    • Pommel Bash should cleave and grant barrier in an AoE.
    • Crushing Blow's cast time reduced to 1/4s
    • Tremor becomes a cascading AoE like CoR or a cone AoE like Hammer Shock.

In addition to Pinnacle of Strength? Or are you just rolling that into the trait to open design space?

• Yes
  • Wounding Precision changed to add 1 stack of Torment for 2s when inflicting the bleeding condition.

That bonus damage isn't going to do a whole lot on the Hard CCs in certain game modes... I'd rather put damage procs on CC in Body Blow.

Make that inherent to Mending Might. Phalanx Strength should be a full boon share trait instead, at set durations for each boon.

• YES, the adrenaline gain may need to be less though. I can see that getting out of hand.
  • Update Eternal Champion then to grant barrier upon entry along with it's current effects.
  • YES

Cool. I would still want the old Wildblow falcon punch blowout added back in somewhere though.

About The new version of [Forceful greatsword.]

It currently gives 120 Power and 240 if Greatsword is used.

I wanted to make the 240 Power Baseline for the trait but thought, you know what?

How about 10 Power per Might to make it 250 Power at Max potential instead. Adding to the theme of Might Gain.

About Offhand Dagger. It currently competes with Mace and Axe. Speaking of Openworld .

Both have the ability to give Quickness. Either via Axe 4 or With Mace 5 + Aggressive Onslaught.

To make it even option for me, it has to not only compete with dmg but also quickness gain.

My first thought was to put a CC on it. But i had no idea how that would fit. So Dagger 5, a very bad skill, could always need a buff. Sooo i put it there.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

On 1/5/2024 at 8:58 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

How about 10 Power per Might to make it 250 Power at Max potential instead. Adding to the theme of Might Gain.

This could end up being a damage loss for people who are not actually reaching higher stacks of Might.

Especially builds that have Forceful Greatsword as their singular Might source will lose damage over your idea.

Even with using Axe #5 every time it's off cooldown you aren't guaranteed to consistently reach the 12 Might necessary to make this idea even out.

Not everyone is min-maxing their critical hit chance or dedicating utility slots to Might generation, so a flat 120/240 bonus is superior in many cases.

Edited by Fueki.4753

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

This could end up being a damage loss for people who are not actually reaching higher stacks of Might.

Especially builds that have Forceful Greatsword as their singular Might source will lose damage over your idea.

Even with using Axe #5 every time it's off cooldown you aren't guaranteed to consistently reach the 12 Might necessary to make this idea even out.

We still could just make it 250 Power.

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

We still could just make it 250 Power.

That'd be fine with me, too. But I don't like losing even more stuff.

I do not want to switch out Bull's Charge or a stun break just to reach an unnecessary Might threshold that didn't exist before.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 big yes to everything you just said......  but big no to new facefull Greatsword. This would litterly kill builds in PvP ... xd

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That'd be fine with me, too. But I don't like losing even more stuff.

I do not want to switch out Bull's Charge or a stun break just to reach an unnecessary Might threshold that didn't exist before.

How about:

• 250 Power.

This alone is just what Forceful Greatsword did just 10 more Power and both (doubled) effects work now on all weapons.

Only missing is the 20% Cooldown reduction to GS. We could make that Baseline. Not sure if thats to strong tho.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

Just now, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

How about:

• 250 Power.

This alone is just what Forceful Greatsword did just 10 more Power and both effects work now on all weapons.

This sounds perfectly fine and reasonable to me. But it sounding reasonable is also the reason why Warrior likely won't get that change.

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Only missing is the 20% Cooldown reduction to GS. We could make that Baseline. Not sure if thats to strong tho.

It shouldn't be too strong, as other professions had that weapon to their weapons as well. And these professions already were stronger than Warrior before.

But I'm not surprised Arenanet didn't do that to Warrior's Greatsword.

Did our Shield already got its baseline reduction after they removed it from the trait?

Just now, Myror.7521 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 i dunno..... i think its good as it is allready ^^. Maybe it would be too complicated to rework the trait without making it Bad or too good and thats why they never changed ^^ but maybe im also wrong 

I mean, its a wishlist. My guess is that i wont see a single change of it anyway. Like i did with every single wishlist i ever made.

Its just hopes and dreams.

I'm not sure if Mace needs a total rework. Mace 2 is something I like even if its flip skill is utterly useless. I would turn it into Mesmer's Sword 4 where you can either block and attack, or you use a flip skill that works as a hard cc like Mace 3. Mace 3 itself meanwhile can be the big damage skill like Guardian's but without the block, maybe it can give barriers to allies for each foes struck or something. Mace 4 is fine imo, just needs a buff, or make it an evade skill since apparently that was cut. Mace 5 is whatever, make it like Hammer 3 I guess. Mace Auto only needs a sped-up animation imo, as weakness is in-line with it being a defensive weapon, plus it sets up Cull the Weak as well.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

I'm not sure if Mace needs a total rework. Mace 2 is something I like even if its flip skill is utterly useless. I would turn it into Mesmer's Sword 4 where you can either block and attack, or you use a flip skill that works as a hard cc like Mace 3. Mace 3 itself meanwhile can be the big damage skill like Guardian's but without the block, maybe it can give barriers to allies for each foes struck or something. Mace 4 is fine imo, just needs a buff, or make it an evade skill since apparently that was cut. Mace 5 is whatever, make it like Hammer 3 I guess. Mace Auto only needs a sped-up animation imo, as weakness is in-line with it being a defensive weapon, plus it sets up Cull the Weak as well.

Mainhand Mace has simply no job at the moment. Outside maybe PvP Condi Berserker but there it gets carried by Skull Grinder.

When we get Staff, we still need a Mainhand Support Weapon for a  x / Warhorn + Staff set.

So the idea is to rework a jobless weapon into a niche not filled.

OR put some meat on the weapon so its not outclassed on every front.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Arms needs more changes, new Heightened Focus isn't a good trait and I'd probably want some rework for mace offhand if that is ever made usable.

Dagger offhand needs some cleave in wastrel's as I have been saying. 

I didnt include these because if i did the full list, i would still be writing it. 😅

Just the stuff i personally would like that i also would make use of.

Without some crazy new rework, i dont see a world where i ever use Heightened Focus.

But Dagger 4 needing cleave is true. I add that to my list.