Nerf Sorrow please

I’m here because of several failed Convergences with Sorrow. Only with Sorrow, not the others. It feels beyond miserable to lose 30 mins because everyone else in the instance either doesn’t know what they’re doing, or are AFK-ing. (I notice even AFK’ers actually help at the final boss.)

Even if we do our best at DPS, boons, and CC…it still fails because not enough people run the orbs to heal Zojja. (This mechanic is making a lot of people hate Zojja as it’s usually her death that’s associated with a failed convergence.)

Wasn’t ANet’s philosophy to make us glad to see other players in PvE?

Unfortunately, Sorrow is a high skill boss. It not only requires CC, but sometimes the ability to stun break, teleport (blink, shift signet, shadow step), or self-stab.
Part of why it’s so miserable is the long period of CC and wyvern wind that most PUGs don’t know how to handle. Rendering many incapable of running orbs. With stability mostly 5-target, there’s only so much boon givers can do.

It’s unfair to make the top 10-50% who are trying their hardest and putting in the work, suffer for the skill levels or AFK status of other players.

At least make the final bosses fair please. Some people even quit the instance when Sorrow spawns, without even trying. It’s that miserable and imbalanced. 

• Confused 4

On 2/27/2024 at 1:04 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

I think the point is that if the players won't get contribution for lazily fireballing the target, they won't get the rewards so either they'll actually try contributing or there will be no reason for them to join the instance. Players don't leech for the sole purpose of "lazily being inside an instance", they're doing it because it provides them with easy rewards for next to no activity.

Now, it might negatively impact (altough possibly not as much as one could think?) the rest of the group for "the first few runs" because that's where the leeching players learn that their leeching no longer works. Then they either stop joining (who cares) or they start contributing at least a bit more to get the rewards.

This. Just like what ANET did with Dragonstorm. When the events required to receive the meta reward changed, the amount of AFK ppl dropped. There are still a TON of AFK during dragonstorm (autocast / autoattack / skyscale fb / etc), but it is way better than before.

During convergences, we can see people AFK near Zojja (doing nothing or autocasting at zojja to tag some mobs), there are people hovering with their skyscale all around (mostly near zojja tho) and there some ppl hidden atop of the south/se/east branches (I reported a few, tried to make them stop, but they are still there and keep doing it). They usually join when the boss HP is at 15% or so, just a few hits and they get the meta/participation chest, it seems.

If ANET changed the meta reward to require participation on stuff, it would be great. Killing X number of mobs/siege engines (no turrets), killing champs, joining boss during all phases, etc etc. (maybe a breakbar achievement during bosses to try to make ppl CC them?)

TLDR: Last week I got terrible Sorrow maps (2/3 of the time the map failed), ppl didn't do dmg, no CC(I was playing my full CC untamed xD) and tons of skyscales hovering around (AFKs everywhere). ANET need to force people to participate more somehow, teach them how to help, I don't know 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hgkmaxymus.9321 said:

TLDR: Last week I got terrible Sorrow maps (2/3 of the time the map failed), ppl didn't do dmg, no CC(I was playing my full CC untamed xD) and tons of skyscales hovering around (AFKs everywhere). ANET need to force people to participate more somehow, teach them how to help, I don't know 😕

Easy fix:

- setup participation requirements for each 25% phase

- setup participation requirements for prevents, something like get credit for 2-3 of them

The requirements don't even have to by high, literally just do 1-2k damage per phase or so. Anything which while being afk would not happen.

Knowing the developers though, this would like result in the elementalist class getting deleted by accident.😆

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Knowing the developers though, this would like result in the elementalist class getting deleted by accident.😆

Thx, now there's coffee all over my desk 🤣

• Haha 1