Nerfing DH Traps Will Do Better for PvP Than Nerfing DE

Here's another "please nerf DH" request. They're not even busted just super annoying to fight against and are super destructive in teamfights. Add with that the cc DH has with tether, shield, and lb and they become the new version of a noob stomper. Hell even if you're a veteran you might just get caught blind sighted to the super high dps they have now while you're not looking.

Please consider lowering the damage to at least Test of Faith's passthrough damage, as it's too high right now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Unsure, DH works in a combo effect.  That is, if you have a DH and a DE against you, probably are going to be in for a rough time.  Just a DE or DH though, not super problematic outside lower ELO / unranked from my experience.

DH just combos too well with other classes and since area denial / ground spam is so prevalent now it becomes a bigger issue.  

DE nerfs are just left field for me.  DH, Reaper, Scrapper / Holo / sometimes Core Engi, Mirage/Virt are all far more oppressive for me at the moment.  All beside probably the non-scrapper Engi variants are also low skill floor too which doesn't help.    

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

People are overlooking some macro issues.  Invisible traps are not available to all.  Plus, one problem constantly in these games is balancing stealth/invisibility mechanics where there are much more limited avoidance and counters to animations, cast times, etc.

If you look at the other profession with traps - Ranger - they are not nearly as oppressive which is ironic because you could easily argue that traps are more iconic to a Ranger theme class than a Guardian. In fact, Rangers had them BEFORE Guardians.  Thus, to give Guardians the more oppressive traps is illogical...or at least should clearly signify that something is imbalanced when one can faceroll with it and the other is extinct using traps.

You can argue it's less of an issue with experienced players who have better intuition and experience, but that still requires a player "cheating" and knowing the spec ahead of time by the icon...not from actual gameplay and countering actual animations.  When you also factor in that most of the playerbase isn't experts, you've basically allowed only ONE spec to have viable traps and ignoring toxic gameplay to many.  It's totally illogical balancing thematically and practically.

If DH is not viable at high levels, then people shouldn't be mad about it being nerfed...or...they should be supporting buffs....but nobody is wanting buffs...which indicates the real motivation behind anybody using that spin is just wanting to continue to easily faceroll new players with toxic gameplay.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, SPESHAL.9106 said:

You can argue it's less of an issue with experienced players who have better intuition and experience, but that still requires a player "cheating" and knowing the spec ahead of time by the icon...not from actual gameplay and countering actual animations. 

wallahi we're cooked xdd

forums reaching the point where building strategies against specs beforehand is considered mildly cheating 👀👀

DH should probably get addressed ~ but good sir ~ what do you consider "actual gameplay"? and why is your definition somehow separate from knowing a spec ahead of time?

Edited by vilesoldier.9826
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Tbh getting punished for not reading animations is cheating too, we have been cooked for a while

but azuree

war is just used to their invuln/cc/block/0 0 0 0/walk/dodge/log-in/swap-weapon/even-exist-in-gw2 spamm  :( I know, I played the class and punished other players! (who also didn’t know what they were doing)

it’s almost as if I can just put lots of words together and add “spam” inappropriately to make whatever makes me feel sad go away :)))

• Haha 3