feels like cheating - claiming a camp or structure and the enemy loses their claim

First of all I'm an ignoramus about Restructuring but still having some fun in it despite preferring servers.

I'm not sure if its a bug, but claiming a camp/structure for upgrading can remove  an enemy's claim on their camp/structure.

I noticed some of our claims were being removed and thought it was just one of our players knowing more than me.

Anyhow, on Saturday I wanted to claim a tower in EBG but noticed an enemy camp was on its way to T2 but it was claimed by our guild.

When I claimed our tower - their camp went back to unclaimed - seems very unfair 😞

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Malak.7108 said:

Anyhow, on Saturday I wanted to claim a tower in EBG but noticed an enemy camp was on its way to T2 but it was claimed by our guild.

When I claimed our tower - their camp went back to unclaimed - seems very unfair 😞

this is completely normal behaviour. Any guild can only have one objective claimed per map at any time. The team your guild-members are in is irrelevant. This is specifically restricted to the exact same map you are in, and also means: 

your guild can claim up to 4 objectives in the same matchup (1 on each map), or (in normal circumstances, for example 5 matches in EU): up to 20 objectives claimed total (assuming you claim 1 objective in every matchup on every map for all 5 Tiers)

6 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I always wondered if that was a bug though.

probably not. I would guess that it is a "remnant" of the time before we had megaservers, since in the original release of GW2, it was impossible to be in a guild of a different server. 

this was changed in the September 2014 Feature Pack (guilds became global in that patch), shortly after megaservers were introduced in the April 2014 Game Update

5 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

probably not. I would guess that it is a "remnant" of the time before we had megaservers, since in the original release of GW2, it was impossible to be in a guild of a different server. 

this was changed in the September 2014 Feature Pack (guilds became global in that patch), shortly after megaservers were introduced in the April 2014 Game Update

A minor detail: what became global for guilds was the influence and upgrades, not that it was impossible to be in a guild on a different server.  Previously, you had to build up/buy influence on each separate server to unlock bank, etc. on each separate server.

Edited by Chaba.5410