DH is by far the hardest and skillfull class to play (omegalul)

This class requires big brain, and extrem dexterity in order to be efficient.
It lacks damage and have so little blocks, that it needs to be played perfectly.

Traps barely do any damage anyway...

This spec is for best players, and best players tend to win, if you ever have some difficulty to fight against it, it's a pure skill issue, l2p. Just dodge.

Don't proof me wrong, this post is a shameless lie.

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

its such a braindead class for what it brings to the table

I remember boyce's warrior literally got shot by like a 12k true shot out of nowhere while he's just walking around. I have 1.4k toughness with 2.5k defense, and I take 9k true shots and 9k test of faiths what's even more scary is that I have a good protection uptime, so it could also be 9k through protection. 

tbh, if you get hit by F1 you're pretty much dead.

also defender relic + the DH aegis changed made this class very survivable on top of the stupidly high damage

Edited by BonggangKikay.9576
  • Like 4

Finally players have the balls to admit DH is broken... and "just dodge" doesnt cut it. Its "just dodge" "just immune" "just wait out block spam" "just kill it" <insert trip back to spawn if you miss 1 step>

Admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery guys. I'm so proud of you all. Hugs, etc.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 hmm i wouldn't call it broken ..... just more like a bit too good rn xd. 

Its got too many defenses for the damage it deals.

Having disgusting damage is fine for a profession, having access to the best defensive options along with that damage is not.

Its the Soulbeast issue all over again but with even stronger defenses.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 1/26/2024 at 5:47 AM, BonggangKikay.9576 said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryBenevolentSandstormPipeHype-W5UOaMzyJ2LIyBOt

casual DH damage is indeed perfectly balance 😄

10k on a warrior without even being F1-ed or having resolution or aegis up for the extra damage

If you look at this clip at 0:12, you can see Boyce dodging Spear, and right as he turns around, the Dragonhunter has Light Aura.

Correct me if I am wrong, but unless the DH had some other way to leap a light field, which I doubt given that:

a) The DH builds usually run Longbow + Sword/Shield

b) The DH in question was just casting LB5

c) The DH in question had the icons for both F2 and F3 at 0:18, meaning he did not use them recently

The only way the DH could have a Light Aura so shortly after using spear is via the minor trait Justice is Blind in Radiance.

You can also see that at 0:18 the DH has some slowly decaying 3 stacks of might. Unless I lack context and the DH is not running Virtues, then it can be concluded that it is leftover Might generated by the major trait Righteous Instincts, with the Resolution having been generated by the Virtues minor Virtues of Resolution. While running Righteous Instincts, the DH did not immobilize Boyce, and likely was not running Radiant Fire, which leaves Retribution with yet another damage mod

Boyce is also decently far away from the DH, which has him prolly proc the higher damage from Pure of Sight, is crippled for Zealot's Aggression purposes, and also is Burning

I do not want to say that DH is by any means not strong, but I would question the validity of "No Boons" in this case

EDIT: Some calculations

1028 longbow roll, dh had 6 might stacks probably (resolution + from f1), high hp from contender, resolution, cripple (dh trait), range (Gift of sight on dh trait), sigil of opportunity, sigil of separation, relic of brawler (Would line up with f1), 250% crit dmg (boyce is burning so 240% fero from berserker amulet and dh rune goes up by 10%), boyce has 2167 armor which he shows in the clip

((1028*1.91*2480)*1.07*1.1*1.1*1.15*1.05*1.05*1.1*2.5)/2167 = 10143.72 damage, boyce takes 10144 DMG in the clip

tl;dr - DH is very strong yes but if the 10k was done with no boons at all, DH would have been busted

Edited by CraftyK.9062
Forgot to include another damage mod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CraftyK.9062 said:

DH is very strong yes but if the 10k was done with no boons at all, DH would have been busted

You know that a class/spec is completly busted when you see minimum 2 of theim per team (4 per game, and I even saw more actually), and when there is 5-6 differents posts per pages on the forum complaining about it.

Last time in ranked, even in plat 2 I saw 3 dh in ennemy team (one had rerolled), we had 2+1 guard sup .. Total, 6 guards in the same game. But yeah, the class is completly "fine" and balanced...

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

You know that a class/spec is completly busted when you see minimum 2 of theim per team (4 per game, and I even saw more actually), and when there is 5-6 differents posts per pages on the forum complaining about it.

Last time in ranked, even in plat 2 I saw 3 dh in ennemy team (one had rerolled), we had 2+1 guard sup .. Total, 6 guards in the same game. But yeah, the class is completly "fine" and balanced...

Granted that I play Willbender, I've never said either DH or Core Guard are balanced.

I just felt the need to point out the stuff in the clip as especially with weapon master training we know that nerfs to one spec can have consequences on others. Would you consider Longbow Willbender overpowered?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1