Just started playing, what is this?

This is an event running with a good amount of people participating. I am not able to login today, but looking at the commandortags it seems that Professor Portmatt's Lab jumping puzzle is a daily. This is in the same area so it is a bit more crowded then usual.

Edited by mercury ranique.2170
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

This is an event running with a good amount of people participating. I am not able to login today, but looking at the commandortags it seems that Professor Portmatt's Lab jumping puzzle is a daily. This is in the same area so it is a bit more crowded then usual.

Yes, it's part of the WV

technically all of the above are correct from information contained in the screenshot. Though I suspect that the OP is referring to the mass of Rangers/Revenants/Necromancers that appear to have been reported by them.

Underneath all that visual clutter is another AFK (or not?) Farm at this particular Poi

To quote someone who has a lot of posts with this phrase, "report and move on"....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Underneath all that visual clutter is another AFK (or not?) Farm at this particular Poi

To quote someone who has a lot of posts with this phrase, "report and move on"....

Looks like a response that I might post.... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

technically all of the above are correct from information contained in the screenshot. Though I suspect that the OP is referring to the mass of Rangers/Revenants/Necromancers that appear to have been reported by them.

Yeah, haven't played an mmo in almost a decade. So it's just jarring to me how bots are handled/accepted.

58 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

They don't normally bother me, I just ignore them.

They only bother me in that they can make a negative impact on players' perception of the game. So I report them when I see them ... maybe I'm wrong and they're legit players, but I'll let Anet sort that out.  Then, I move on.

1 hour ago, Cadejo.1378 said:

Yeah, haven't played an mmo in almost a decade. So it's just jarring to me how bots are handled/accepted.

Thing is...they might not be bots.
There is a thing called auto-farming. It doesn't use any atuomated actions, unless those allready existing in game (auto-attack, minions and auto loot). This is perfectly allowed and sometimes called afk-farming. However. afk farming is not allowed. When playing the game like this, you need to be present at your keyboard at all times. I know an elder lady who is knitting while doing this and it is perfectly ok (according to arenanet).  The GM's check this by sending you a pm and if you do not reply, they assume you are afk and actions are taken. 

So these people might be botting (using illegal third party software) or afk-farming (both illegal) or auto-farming (allowed). So best thing to do (as explained by others): 

Report and move along!

• Like 4