Ty for the DE nerfs!

19 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

patient Spellbreaker (dear god you have to be patient), DH, Sic-em Soulbeast, Projectile hate classes (including reflect mesmers, but every other mesmer is getting nuked). Everyone else is getting annoyed to death.

You can't chase them, you have to count their initiative uses and camp obstacles until they get frustrated and come in close, then beat them into the floor twice (because theyll have shadowstep at least.)

As a willbender you should be playing like a thief vs DE. Show up while theyre engaged, preferably if they are trying to recover or escape without a stunbreak. Don't overcommit, because by nature of their build they cant really stand on points. That's a losing MU if you're spending your ports chasing a DE around, they can do it better than you and -want- you to spend your offensives. Go put yourself someplace where they need to come to you in a chokepoint. 

Just to expand on the list of things that can counter DE:

• Carrion Axe Mirage or just Power Block in general
  • Holosmith (with Lock On and good LoS spots)
  • FA Weaver (A good Earthern Synergy burst + immob from Arcane Blast)
  • LR Weaver (Mudslide do be bangin their DS)
  • uhhh... Yeah.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:02 AM, Vinny.7260 said:

Just to expand on the list of things that can counter DE:

• Carrion Axe Mirage or just Power Block in general
  • Holosmith (with Lock On and good LoS spots)
  • FA Weaver (A good Earthern Synergy burst + immob from Arcane Blast)
  • LR Weaver (Mudslide do be bangin their DS)
  • uhhh... Yeah.

The only DE I go up against over and over is Helio and he makes the spec look so broken. He doesnt lose 1v1's. He leaves at 20% to +1 elsewhere.

There's other good NA de players but I guess they're in hiding atm. Haven't seen any of them. It's almost like their accounts got banned or something idk.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 8:13 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

The only DE I go up against over and over is Helio and he makes the spec look so broken. He doesnt lose 1v1's. He leaves at 20% to +1 elsewhere.

There's other good NA de players but I guess they're in hiding atm. Haven't seen any of them. It's almost like their accounts got banned or something idk.

So long as stealth mechanics are spammable with no real universal counter, thief in general will always be broken in terms of risk/punishment. Tired of thives acting like its so hard to get to the point of abusing its broken mobility/stealth, or that sicem is a hard counter. I mean lets be honest, only a fresh install is reliablly punished for blatent bad plays, like taking on 2v1s or thinking they can group fight.

Ive seen too many DD/DE thieves make aweful plays and get off with it, where not even a blade would for that level of over extention. The fact thief can't group fight does not justify low punishment for aweful choices at compitant mobility levels. Thats why I say thief is a crutch, gets them use too escaping bad plays, which they would die if the game had universal meaningful ways to punish for, which it 100% should have.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3