Reclaiming Kormir's Sanctum?

DoctorOverlord.8620

The Sanctum of Kormir was one of the most beautiful set pieces in this game filled with great settings and locations.  Unfortunately, it was turned into the Dark Library in LS4 and although the wiki claims it was reclaimed, we don't get to see that.  When my characters return to the portal to it in the Tomb of Primeval Kings, the place is still messed up and overrun with demons.

Since we're fighting demons in SoTO, it seems like it would be really nice if there could be a side-quest where players could finally kick them all out (even if it's out of chronological order, the thing is in the Mists so that shouldn't matter).  It would be cool to have access the original Sanctum again. 

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Thanks 4

I would love to see it's return at some point. Along with the desert/portal part.

I wish the desert area with this portal and starry sky could be linked with the nayos map with the Kormir sanctum working as merchants hub. In a similar fashion as the islands in archipelago works, just bigger. ^^

• Like 3

I think it will make a nice Main City hub if they ever make a new Expansion or Living world expansion focused on exploring the Realm of the Gods after they left while dealing with whatever new antagonist has started to invade those areas so this unknown threat does not invae Tyria.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

They could make it a live place, like the post-Hot rata novus, acessible by a portal in Ember Bay. theres nothing much to see there in really, just a bunch of silent npc.

As for kormir library they could also use it to implement the long time request of a library  shelf for gw2

• Like 2

I'd love to see that, it's a gorgeous area that I'm sure the devs took a long time crafting, honestly took my breath away the first time I saw it. They should absolutely find some ways to bring it back, rather than allow it to fall to ruin in the lore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1