Please Just Revert Bladesworn to (EoD) Launch (-Tactical Reload)

FellFalls.3750

ANet, I get it. Stuff takes development time. And this last patch wasn't about Bladesworn. But there's no reason you can't "work on a new sandwich while we eat the one you already made."

You already put in the time and it was GOOD. If you can't come up with something in a timely manner, (which you clearly can't / don't have the passion for -- It's been over a year.) The numbers were just a bit off. There's NO REASON that we couldn't have just stuck with the functionality we had. Here:

3-Step Bladesworn Revisal Process:

1) Revert Everything in Competitive (PvP/WvW) to how it was at launch except:

I: Give "Tactical Reload" a 120s CD so it's actually "Tactical" and keep the "Only Baldesworn skill recharge" if you have to. That's fine.

II: Put the alacrity on [Immortal Dragon] in PvE and have it share the healing/prot to allies.

III: Make every "stability" application that Bladesworn would otherwise have only be 1s base. (Similar to Thistleguard on Ranger Maces.) Including:

Flow Stabilizer

Dragonscale Defense

>> Then adjust / scale everything up from here. This also largely solves the issue of "having to balance around [Shield Master] reflecting projectiles when you have aegis." -- Which neither you nor the community can decide is a big or a feature or not.

Bladesworn is an unplayable dog(swearword) mess. And, Spoilers:, It actually has been for a year even without the most recent "PvP Nerfs that made no sense.

But you've already done / paid for the work. Don't waste it or people's time who WERE enjoying / bought / want to play your game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Agree with Everything OP says. They can tweak it from there.

Also @Lan Deathrider.5910 "Degenerate Gameplay" like what we have now bud? aka. Spamming every Saber skill off CD just to stack Unshakable Mountain...? I honestly have no idea what you're on about. Bladeworn is completely unplayable rn, and a Counterplay nightmare for your opponent as it is. Not to mention traits that they put in with the Arms Rework like [Heightened Focus] still incorrectly reset Berserk Mode instead of Primal Burst Skills and don't work with DT at all. Even though all of the other "burst-skill-traits" do.

---

This is legit the first piece of Actionable' Bladesworn rework advice I've seen since this post that I think ANet has any chance of doing. 100% Fine with this, especially considering it's looking more & more likely we're getting MH Pistols next xpac.

I say Upvote it if you have a soul guys & gals.  😄

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, FirePowerr.1820 said:

Agree with Everything OP says. They can tweak it from there.

Also @Lan Deathrider.5910 "Degenerate Gameplay" like what we have now bud? aka. Spamming every Saber skill off CD just to stack Unshakable Mountain...? I honestly have no idea what you're on about. Bladeworn is completely unplayable rn, and a Counterplay nightmare for your opponent as it is. Not to mention traits that they put in with the Arms Rework like [Heightened Focus] still incorrectly reset Berserk Mode instead of Primal Burst Skills and don't work with DT at all. Even though all of the other "burst-skill-traits" do.

I'd say that this version is less degenerate than Shoutsworn was. But it's still degenerate. We need to move away from that rather than deeper into it.

3 hours ago, FirePowerr.1820 said:

This is legit the first piece of Actionable' Bladesworn rework advice I've seen since this post that I think ANet has any chance of doing. 100% Fine with this, especially considering it's looking more & more likely we're getting MH Pistols next xpac.

I say Upvote it if you have a soul guys & gals.  😄

The devs really need to overhaul the spec, both the traits and the core of how it's espec mechanics function.

• Confused 1

Bladesworn needs a conceptual rework imo. The core set of skills is good imo, but the way it’s stitched together and the gameplay concept doesn’t work in this game in pve or competitive modes.

Im a biased proponent of my dodge-based concept found here (self idea plug ftw):

• Confused 1

All this talk about complete overhaul, move in DT, trash it and  start over? 👎

If people don't want all the aegis reflects? Change the aegis to regular blocks (no boon duration here) and some to evades or whatever.

The freebie alacrity they added just opened up the window for more pocket nerfs to add to the pile. I don't even know what they want to do with it. I just want what we had.

• Confused 1

Bladesworn is mostly fine the way it currently is imo. I think the last nerf we got was too heavy handed, either add the stun back in for DT and change nothing else, OR undo the delay on DT 2 and give us stab back. One of those changes by itself would fix it for the most part. I'd prefer to get our stun back personally, the delay on DT 2 is annoying but workable. Not having stab (at least in competitive modes) is also annoying, but it makes you use your aegis well.

Don't mess with the reflect on aegis.