How much DPS are you dishing on the training dummy?

Hello everyone! 

Been playing SB DPS Longbow / Sword + Axe for a while and I really enjoy the style. 

I've been following this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Power_DPS

But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to be able to push beyond 35k on the dummy. While the fella in the video is dishing 41k 

Is it me who should "GIT GUD" or was the skills were nerfed since the creation of that video?

What dps are you achieving with with SB DPS Longbow / Sword + Axe ?

cheers

• Like 1

Are you using the food and keeping up all boons? Ping might also affect your dps slightly.

The build should be around 40k dps, but that's after getting perfect timing to have no downtime and fit as many skills under Sic'em and OWP. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

"This build was last updated on February 03, 2024 and is up to date for the January 30, 2024 patch."

Yes, but the video of the variant that use longbow instead of hammer is 7 month old. Should I point out that each variant have a different damage output?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Yes, but the video of the variant that use longbow instead of hammer is 7 month old. Should I point out that each variant have a different damage output?

There is 3 videos of other variants that are 3 week old and pull 41-42k, so for me that's enough guess that the build can go beyond 35k.

Simply put: yes, it's a "get gud" situation. 100% benchmark is literally near perfect rotation, meaning no delay whatsoever in any of the steps, no cancelling of skills, no couple millisecond delay, etc.

Players usually take hours to perfect rotations (or have spent hours in the past to acclimate and get used to skill cooldowns etc) and even then, at some point you will reach your personal cap.

So with that said: anything above 80-85% benchmark will net you a CLEAR top dps spot in most/nearly all PUG groups. Most players do around 50-60% of the benchmark due to varying factors like: lack of practice, lack of gear, lack of understanding, etc. The only time you want to go above that is in high performing top end groups, or as personal goal.

Any encounter in this game can be easily completed with 80% benchmark across the squad and most fights break at 60-70% benchmark (skipping Gorseval phases, skipping lighting and 2nd fire phase on 99 CM, etc.).

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

There is 3 videos of other variants that are 3 week old and pull 41-42k, so for me that's enough guess that the build can go beyond 35k.

That's not, the point. The point is that the OP try to get the same dps than something he saw for a variant whose video, rotation and pet choice is 7 month old.

I'm not saying that he can't get beyond 35k with the build, just that he shouldn't expect to get the same result than a 7 month old video.

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

That's not, the point. The point is that the OP try to get the same dps than something he saw for a variant whose video, rotation and pet choice is 7 month old.

I'm not saying that he can't get beyond 35k with the build, just that he shouldn't expect to get the same result than a 7 month old video.

My point was just that the DPS is still around the 41k, looking at past changes and other videos.
I could probably try to do the rotation ingame to check and make sure.

7 hours ago, Sylvanaz Windrunner.9035 said:

I did DanAlcedo, 

It seems that there are some unspoken secrets about the rotations that I'm not aware of, I'm not sure how true it is. but something like  fitting 2x auto attack rotations, an axe 5 and f3 in a single sic em.

Also, according to you guys, how many auto attack cancelations is okay?

So, I'm a Warrior main and therefor can't speak to much about Ranger. But let me tell you, when I started Raiding years ago, my raid leader used tools to analyze my dps rotation. 

He told me I interrupt my auto attacks to much. After me learning not to do it anymore, I improved my dps by like 3k.

Auto attacks hit hard these days, so casting 90% of the Autoattack, only to interrupt it. Negating all the dmg does hurt your total dps. 

Also, the guys like snowcrows who pump the big dps numbers, tend to intentionally interrupt their skills to ignore after cast. 

Some skills stop dealing damage earlier then the actual cast time is. Knowing that means you can stow your weapon, cancel the unwanted cast time and immediately start the next skill. 

Thats however really next level gameplay most of us will never reach.