Buffing Mainhand Sword Damage Is a Lazy Fix. We Need Better Animations.

gmmg.9210

Personally, I think more experimentation is necessary. Purpose is good and I feel weapons like Axe have their purpose, even Mace has its purpose (although it could stand to be better at it). The only thing I can see sword doing is the leap and "some" condition damage. Give it a strong purpose and people will build around that purpose.

I agree. I think the foundational model (a weapon capable of being hybrid, condi, or power with good mobility) is good, but the execution is misguided. 

as the weapon master, Warrior should have some weapons that require finesse. Dagger is an example of this. Sword should follow suit with a fencing/rapier theme. Lots of hits over a short period of time with every hit applying bleed.

Keep savage leap.

change final thrust to a 300-450 range dash that has the same values as it presently does, but applied over a line aoe. 

Rework the auto attack to be a double thrust (.25s), a single thrust (.25s), and a four-thrust combo (.5s). That gives 7 hits over the AA, 1 stack of bleed per hit. Now we’re getting reasonably useful condition stacks. 

Rework Flurry to be 9 thrusts over a 1 second period. Bleed per hit, 9 bleed in 1 second, again, starting to be useful.

Now you have high bleed application, decent power output, and very good mobility for a mainhand. Tweak the power numbers and it could be very good.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1