Wizards Vault Special: 'Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement' not tracking [Merged]

1 hour ago, wedderkamp.7956 said:

I've gotten 101 killing blows today with engineer shortbow (checking "Artisan of Arms: Engineer's Short Bow" achievement, not "Short-Bow Master") but the Wizard's Vault bit isn't unlocking for me.

I can report the same for the Guardian Pistol one.

Edited by Drake.4152
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:15 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

As some of you have figured out, this is happening regardless of weapon or profession because the achievement only progresses when you make the killing blow with a weapon skill. If you do not make the killing blow with a weapon skill, or if the "killing blow" comes from a condition, the achievement does not progress.

We're working on a change that will progress this achievement as long as you deal any damage with the relevant weapon. Achievement progress will be granted for the weapon(s) you are wielding when the enemy dies.

We need to test this extensively across all professions to make sure that nothing causes players to lose achievement progress they have already earned, so we are planning for this to ship with the March 19 systems update.

Hi Rubi,

I can confirm it still does not work with a Mesmer and a Rifle.  No conditions inflicted and killing blows on several foes.  I did not get credit for any killing blows, still at 0.  Did they implement this fix as you stated?

9 hours ago, Drake.4152 said:

I can report the same for the Guardian Pistol one.

I also have the same issue with completing the tier 1 Ranger Mace Artisan of Arms achievement but not getting the WV achievement for it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/19/2024 at 6:08 PM, SRoode.7318 said:

Hi Rubi,

I can confirm it still does not work with a Mesmer and a Rifle.  No conditions inflicted and killing blows on several foes.  I did not get credit for any killing blows, still at 0.  Did they implement this fix as you stated?

Okay, I have to apologize.  I made a mistake.  It was tracking.  I was assuming the status bar in the Wizard's Vault would update with each kill, and of course it doesn't, it just goes from 0 to 1 when you kill 100.  I went to the Artisan of Arms achievement and saw I already had 31 kills.  When I hit 100 kills I did get the reward.  So for me (Mesmer/Rifle) it does work.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Wizards Vault Special: 'Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement' not tracking [Merged]
On 3/21/2024 at 3:00 AM, godsowndrunk.3426 said:

Just got the Tier 1 achievement for Artisan of Arms on an Engineer with the Short Bow. I have 146 defeated enemies. This did not trigger the reward on the Wizard's Vault special.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:07 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We've got a fix for this coming in later today! I'm sorry for the hiccups!

Did the fix happen? I still have not received the Wizard's Vault reward.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:30 PM, godsowndrunk.3426 said:

Still have not received the reward for Completing Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement.

Still have not received the reward for Completing Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement. @Rubi Bayer.8493

Edit: Put in a support ticket after not receiving feedback here and the gm told me to do it again with another toon. So disappointed with Anet recently, from the lukewarm expansion, new release schedule, bugged events. After years I'm terrified about the game's future.

Edited by godsowndrunk.3426