Obsidian Armor Recipes Not Properly Unlocking on All Characters

Bought the Recipe: Legendary Obsidian Armor from Lyhr. Consumed it on one of my characters that doesn't have any armor crafting disciplines. Then went to craft a piece on my armor crafting characters, but none of them have the recipes unlocked in their crafting panel. They do show up crafting recipes portion of the hero panel (All Disciplines) of the character that initially consumed the recipe, but not the others.

I tried buying a second Recipe: Legendary Obsidian Armor and consuming that on a character with the appropriate crafting discipline(s), but got an error notification that the character had already unlocked all the recipes and couldn't use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, ustor.3759 said:

Bought the Recipe: Legendary Obsidian Armor from Lyhr. Consumed it on one of my characters that doesn't have any armor crafting disciplines. Then went to craft a piece on my armor crafting characters, but none of them have the recipes unlocked in their crafting panel. They do show up crafting recipes portion of the hero panel (All Disciplines) of the character that initially consumed the recipe, but not the others.

I tried buying a second Recipe: Legendary Obsidian Armor and consuming that on a character with the appropriate crafting discipline(s), but got an error notification that the character had already unlocked all the recipes and couldn't use it.

Same thing happened to me. But, after I bought the recipes on the actual character with that proper crafting discipline, the recipes showed up even though it wouldn't consume and I got the same error message. So, if you bought the recipe on the right character, re-check the crafting station. It fixed it for me. Still annoying, but easily enough solved it seems. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

Recipes are account bound

They are supposed to be, but there's something strange going on with this.

27 minutes ago, Cerpin.8170 said:

So, if you bought the recipe on the right character, re-check the crafting station. It fixed it for me. Still annoying, but easily enough solved it seems. 

I did rebuy it on the same (i.e. incorrect) character. I'll give this a try and see if it works. Thanks for the tip!

• Confused 1

Rebought it again with my Leatherworker and, without even trying to consume it, the recipes now show up correctly for that character. I checked my Armorsmith and Tailor and the recipes are still missing for them. Presumably, buying another recipe item on each of them would fix it, but I'm not going to bother with it. Thanks again for the workaround!

• Confused 1

I have the same issue.  This isn't what "Account Bound" recipes are supposed to do.  Not a big deal if you can easily fix it but it's still a bug.

Edited to add:  The fix doesn't work for me.  I originally bought the recipe from Lyhr on my main character, who isn't an armor crafter.  Used recipe and it said it was unlocked for all characters.  None of my three armor crafters (all level 500) are able to access the recipes, even when rebuying the recipe from Lyhr themselves.

Further edit:  So these recipes only work in The Wizard's Tower, not at crafting stations elsewhere?  That's what I'm reading elsewhere.

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739

1 hour ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Further edit:  So these recipes only work in The Wizard's Tower, not at crafting stations elsewhere?  That's what I'm reading elsewhere.

I took my Tailor (who I have not bought the recipe with) to The Wizard's Tower, and sure enough the recipes are in the hero panel (and crafting station). Took them to another zone and they are no longer listed. Going back to the tower restores them. So, what you read seems to be correct. The recipes do unlock for all characters, but they will only show up while in The Wizards Tower.

If there's a thematic reason behind it (e.g. proximity to Lyhr/Forge of Timelessness) , I can appreciate that, but there's no precedent for things like that in the game (a tailoring bench is a tailoring bench -- until now), and there's no explanation/indication of it anywhere. Also, I see now that Lyhr's forge shows up as an interactive Legendary Armor Station object. Interacting with it prompts you to choose one of the three armor disciplines and then pulls up the appropriate crafting interface. So, maybe the original intent was to only be able to craft it at that one specific location?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Molesworth.1684 said:

This isn't quite on topic, but I've done the new legendary mastery line and still can't see the obsidian armor recipes available for sale in Lyhr's list of items.  Do you have to do something else first to unlock them?

I don't think there's anything else you need to do to unlock it. Are you sure you didn't overlook it? It just looks like a regular Masterwork recipe in the vendor list, so it's easy to miss if you're not reading the name of the item.

• 4 months later...

I just ran into this bug.  I bought the single set of recipes  on my Armorsmith a while back and made the Obsidian armor on that toon.  I today swapped to my Tailor toon and can not see the Obsidian Light recipes on the Tailoring Bench in the Mistlock Observatory.  I did see it on the Legendary Armor Forge in Wizard's Tower at least.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Preppy.7046 said:

I just ran into this bug.  I bought the single set of recipes  on my Armorsmith a while back and made the Obsidian armor on that toon.  I today swapped to my Tailor toon and can not see the Obsidian Light recipes on the Tailoring Bench in the Mistlock Observatory.  I did see it on the Legendary Armor Forge in Wizard's Tower at least.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

With the recipe learned the armor pieces can be crafted by a level 500 (depending on the armor weight) but only in The Wizard's Tower.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1