Cunning Salvo bug: Double Reveal bug (easy to replicate)

When using  Harrowing Storm with a Cunning Salvo axe on the ground, recalled  Cunning Salvo hit will apply the Revealed debuff to the player.
Testing method: Used Cunning Salvo and wait for the Revealed debuff to end. Then used Harrowing Storm. The Revealed debuff was reapplied to the player.
Rate of Occurrence: 100% (Tested 10 times just to see if it would never not occur).
Tested on Open World mobs. Have not tested on Golem.

Good luck Devs. I know you guys work hard. Take your time.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TheDasktragon.5279 said:

When using  Harrowing Storm with a Cunning Salvo axe on the ground, recalled  Cunning Salvo hit will apply the Revealed debuff to the player.
Testing method: Used Cunning Salvo and wait for the Revealed debuff to end. Then used Harrowing Storm. The Revealed debuff was reapplied to the player.
Rate of Occurrence: 100% (Tested 10 times just to see if it would never not occur).
Tested on Open World mobs. Have not tested on Golem.

Good luck Devs. I know you guys work hard. Take your time.

Work on a/p?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, TheDasktragon.5279 said:

As stated in the original blog post about the weapon "The dual-wield skill with an off-hand dagger is Harrowing Storm. The thief teleports to a targeted enemy and recalls all spinning axes back to themselves, augmenting the axes to also inflict torment. The returning axes maintain their original properties"

so the Axes that are returned ARE Cunning Salvo and still have the 'Stealth attack' tag, regardless of you being in stealth or not, when they hit a target, you are revealed.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

so the Axes that are returned ARE Cunning Salvo and still have the 'Stealth attack' tag, regardless of you being in stealth or not, when they hit a target, you are revealed.

The thing is.. Stealth attacks don't specifically reveal you. any attack made from stealth reveals you. Just tested on Arby's golems, using Venomous Volley from stealth reveals you but DOES NOT apply revealed when recalling them via Axe3.

As stated in the original blog post about the weapon "The dual-wield skill with an off-hand dagger is Harrowing Storm. The thief teleports to a targeted enemy and recalls all spinning axes back to themselves, augmenting the axes to also inflict torment. The returning axes maintain their original properties"

If this was the case then the axes returning from venomous volley should also apply revealed to me because I used it from stealth.

Edited by Mangoyami.2418
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

The thing is.. Stealth attacks don't specifically reveal you. any attack made from stealth reveals you. Just tested on Arby's golems, using Venomous Volley from stealth reveals you but DOES NOT apply revealed when recalling them via Axe3.

If this was the case then the axes returning from venomous volley should also apply revealed to me because I used it from stealth.

to my knowledge this is the only instance where you can make a Stealth attack while not being stealthed,
so you're kinda proving my point; the Reveal occours when either, you attack with any attack WHILE stealthed, or a Target is hit by a Stealth attack, Venomous Volley ISN'T a Stealth attack so you wont be revealed when you're not stealthed, regardless of when the attack was made

• Confused 5

to my knowledge this is the only instance where you can make a Stealth attack while not being stealthed,

hitting with death's jugement also occurs while not being stealthed and refreshes the revealed time, has been like that since it was made a stealth attack.

i think it was made so that when you would use backstab at the very end of stealth, you would still get revealed even if it hits after stealth drops

edit: on the plus side once the malicious version is fixed, it should allow you to reset malice...

Edited by bq pd.2148
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

hitting with death's jugement also occurs while not being stealthed and refreshes the revealed time, has been like that since it was made a stealth attack.

so again, a Stealth attack, hitting from outside of stealth, procs Reveal

• Confused 5

From the patch notes:

Cunning Salvo and Malicious Cunning Salvo: Axes created by this skill will now properly gain bonuses when being recalled by dual-wield skills. Axes created by this skill will no longer always inflict revealed when being recalled by dual-wield skills. This skill is now a blast finisher. Reduced the bleeding stacks from 3 to 2 in PvE only.

So its objectively a bug and will be fixed.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

My dude, Stealth Attacks aren't what reveal you, its attacking a creature that reveals you. If you use ability 2 it will reveal you. If you use Cloak and Dagger with your off hand, it will reveal you. Again, Cunning Salvo isn't an ability that reveals you. Attacking is what reveals you. Your poison axes you threw while stealthed DONT reveal you when you use Harrowing Storm. Its a bug my dude.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

so again, a Stealth attack, hitting from outside of stealth, procs Reveal

Imagine being so confidently wrong, that you go around trying to argue about something you don't even understand.

Even the devs disagree with you and know it's a problem.

• Cunning Salvo and Malicious Cunning Salvo: Axes created by this skill will now properly gain bonuses when being recalled by dual-wield skills. Axes created by this skill will no longer always inflict revealed when being recalled by dual-wield skills. This skill is now a blast finisher. Reduced the bleeding stacks from 3 to 2 in PvE only.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Asra.8746 said:

Imagine being so confidently wrong, that you go around trying to argue about something you don't even understand.

Even the devs disagree with you and know it's a problem.

• Cunning Salvo and Malicious Cunning Salvo: Axes created by this skill will now properly gain bonuses when being recalled by dual-wield skills. Axes created by this skill will no longer always inflict revealed when being recalled by dual-wield skills. This skill is now a blast finisher. Reduced the bleeding stacks from 3 to 2 in PvE only.

no one is arguing, i'm just trying to offer a potential reason for the behavior.

why is everyone on this Forum so hell-bent on disagreeing with people

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

no one is arguing, i'm just trying to offer a potential reason for the behavior.

The "potential reason for the behaviour" is that it is unchanged compared to what was communicated. That's all there is to it.

19 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Ask yourself that question about why people are "so hell-bent on disagreeing with people", because that's what you've been doing in this thread, whose only purpose is to bring to light something that is not working as intended and is bugged since beta. It's really not that hard to understand.

Also, numerous people have pointed out how wrong you are in numerous ways; yet, you keep going like the energizer bunny. Just take the loss and move on - it's okay to be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

so you're kinda proving my point; the Reveal occours when either, you attack with any attack WHILE stealthed, or a Target is hit by a Stealth attack, Venomous Volley ISN'T a Stealth attack so you wont be revealed when you're not stealthed, regardless of when the attack was made

47 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

The "so you're kinda proving my point" part of your argument seems to disprove your statement that you are not arguing. People aren't hell-bent on disagreeing with anyone, we just want our game to work and posts on threads like these are the only way to reach out to devs. Saying a problem doesn't exist when it does not help the situation, it makes it worse.

Edited by TheDasktragon.5279
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDasktragon.5279 said:

The "so you're kinda proving my point" part of your argument seems to disprove your statement that you are not arguing. People aren't hell-bent on disagreeing with anyone, we just want our game to work and posts on threads like these are the only way to reach out to devs. Saying a problem doesn't exist when it does not help the situation, it makes it worse.

so again, I'm offering a potential reason for the Behavior, I have not claimed the problem doesn't exist!

Mangoyami made that case that "Venomous Volley from stealth reveals you but DOES NOT apply revealed when recalling them via Axe3" but in their opinion should IF being in Stealth when the attack is made is a factor for proccing Revealed; since this isn't the case it "proves my point" that another mechanic is at play.

Evidence: there are two Stealth attack skills in the game that can proc Revealed while out of stealth, Cunning volley which we're discussing now, and Deaths Judgment which Bq pd brought up.
since Stealth isn't a factor for Proccing Revealed in this case, the only other mechanic that both these attacks share is the "Stealth attack" tag in the skill tooltip. it is therefore reasonable to assume that a Stealth attack, hitting from outside of Stealth, procs Revealed.

this is the last word i have to say on the matter.

Good evening.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

That's why sometimes Harrowing Storm consumes Malice on DE.

8 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

so again, I'm offering a potential reason for the Behavior, I have not claimed the problem doesn't exist!

Mangoyami made that case that "Venomous Volley from stealth reveals you but DOES NOT apply revealed when recalling them via Axe3" but in their opinion should IF being in Stealth when the attack is made is a factor for proccing Revealed; since this isn't the case it "proves my point" that another mechanic is at play.

Evidence: there are two Stealth attack skills in the game that can proc Revealed while out of stealth, Cunning volley which we're discussing now, and Deaths Judgment which Bq pd brought up.
since Stealth isn't a factor for Proccing Revealed in this case, the only other mechanic that both these attacks share is the "Stealth attack" tag in the skill tooltip. it is therefore reasonable to assume that a Stealth attack, hitting from outside of Stealth, procs Revealed.

this is the last word i have to say on the matter.

Good evening.

Cunning Salvo and Malicious Cunning Salvo: Axes created by this skill will now properly gain bonuses when being recalled by dual-wield skills. Axes created by this skill will no longer always inflict revealed when being recalled by dual-wield skills. 

Source: 

yeah, if you hit while in stealth with anything OTHER than a RECALLED axe stealth attack you SHOULd be revealed...however the INTENTION was to NOT reveal on hitting with the ALREADY thrown stealth axe attack at all. yet here we are, Bugnet

• Like 1
  • Confused 1