Purified Kryptis Essence conversion [Merged]

So while I was crafting Legendary Obsidian armor I mistankenly thought one needed Purified Kryptis Essence, rather than Amalgamated Kryptis Essence to craft Gift of Expertise, leading me to turn 16 Amalgamated Essences into Purified Essences, making them completely useless. I spent hours getting all that Kryptis essence, and seeing them going to waste is incredibly demotivating. Giving players an option to convert them back in the case of a mishap seems fair to me, given the amount of time one spends getting them.

• 4 weeks later...

have you contacted support, and did they help you? I am currently facing the same pro lem, I have accidentally converted 4 Amalgamated Kryptid essence to Purified, because even if you fully tpe "Amalgamated" in the crafting station, the purified also appears. One misclick especially if you have contrast on your cursor combined with tiredness or sleepiness due to farming these essences, and now my Amalgamated Essences are gone. Turned to those Purified ones...

• Sad 1

EDIT: Arenanet has refunded me the materials for the essences. They asked me to destroy the 4 pcs Purified Essences (which made me really nervous), and once I had done that, they just had to confirm that it is deleted/destroyed from my account, and then they sent me the materials thru in-game Mail. 

Thank you Arenanet and support staff for your hardwork!

Original Post:

This UI search result is a recipe for disaster: https://ibb.co/t8kgxvf

Even if you type amalgamated to the textbox, the "Purified Kryptis Essence" also appears as a result. With a little bit of tiredness and sleepiness (due to farming these essences) in the mix combined with cursor contrast, you will eventually make a mistake and convert your existing Amalgamated Kryptis Essence to Purified Kryptis essence and all your effort farming them will be gone to waste, because there is currently no way to convert it back to Amalgamated.

This is what happened to me. I have submitted a ticket in hopes that arenanet will help me convert them back to Amalgamated Kryptis Essences because this is really demotivating and a great way to make players quit. I will update this post with whatever response anet will have. This is so Frustrating....

Edited by Zeperio.4853
  • Sad 2

The purified kryptis essence appears because the search bar also looks for recipes with the searched term as a craft ingredient. 

Also, from personal experience, as long as you write a nice and detailed support ticket, the support will help you. 

Remember that the support are human beings. Treat them like such and they will try their best to help. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Zeperio.4853 said:

have you contacted support, and did they help you? I am currently facing the same pro lem, I have accidentally converted 4 Amalgamated Kryptid essence to Purified, because even if you fully tpe "Amalgamated" in the crafting station, the purified also appears. One misclick especially if you have contrast on your cursor combined with tiredness or sleepiness due to farming these essences, and now my Amalgamated Essences are gone. Turned to those Purified ones...

Good news for anyone who comes across this thread in the future: ^ got refunded when they asked support. :) 

Support tends to be really good about refunding things, so long as your mistake didn't "unlock" something on the account (example: crafting the wrong legendary armor piece). So, if you're someone like me who accidentally salvaged their ascended precursor WvW armor piece or deleted some stuff, reach out and see if they can help!