Wizards Vault - Weekly - Complete 15 Events in Maguuma Jungle Not Counting

Just as the title suggests. Went into the Dragons End meta at the very beginning. Figured I'd knock out two birds with one stone: 100 Modrem and 15 events easy. The 100 Modrem I had before the halfway mark, but at the end of the meta not a single event had counted. Is this a bug or did I misunderstand somewhere and should have gone to Caledon Forest instead?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Heart of Maguuma/Maguuma Wastes/Horn of Maguuma and Maguuma Jungle may be/are considered different areas.  I had no trouble completing events in Maguuma Jungle.

But here's the thing. You're right, but the WV just says "Maguuma Jungle". So where did you complete yours?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 2:28 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

What's wild is that at the top of that page is the sentence:
"The Maguuma Jungle is an expansive area west of Kryta and Orr, and includes the Maguuma Wastes, Heart of Maguuma, and Horn of Maguuma."

The page then goes on to completely ignore that fact, and seems the game agrees.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's a bit like Tyria; Tyria can refer to all the lands on Tyria, or just core Tyria. 

Remember, there were no additional Maguuma Jungle areas outside Core Tyria at launch until Living World Season Two.  It is just something longer-playing players understand about zone designations. 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

yeah i just spent half hour doing events in verdant brink (ya know... the maguuma jungle)

and then i checked to see how many events i had left for weekly...ALL OF THEM.

because the maguuma jungle does not count the most jungley part of maguuma.

and then i went eastward and completed a few quests, checked again, NOPE i was one area too far north that this green foresty area counted as Kryta and not Maguuma.

totally my bad!

so now i'm running around Caledon FOREST (not a jungle) trying to find events, because i have completed one here and apparently this forest is the jungle i need to be in.

🤬

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is where the old daily system had an edge over the WV objective listing. In the daily achievement it often listed the applicable zones so people had less confusion when it came to core Maguuma vs. S2 Maguuma vs. HoT Maguuma (and now with SotO Maguuma).

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 11:04 PM, Liewec.2896 said:

so now i'm running around Caledon FOREST (not a jungle) trying to find events, because i have completed one here and apparently this forest is the jungle i need to be in.

THANK YOU! No idea what the logic behind this is, but you saved me the headache.

• 3 weeks later...