Tactics

Can we please get a response from an actual dev about people cheating or pulling tactics on alt accounts rather than some auto reply before locking a thread.

Has anyone actually been banned? 

Up against wsr with people using exploits and cheats, running with perma barries everytime they get hit and being invun & teleporting when downed. Also being hit from under the map constantly. 

What is going on???

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

No response is also a response. 🤔

And that's always been the response. Just sweep it under the rug.

Bots, afk farming, win trading, ruining the economy with exploits? I sleep.
Calling this out? REAL KITTEN.

I'm surprised that WvW isn't overrun with more exploits, because you know people exploit them immediately, like whenever people can use skills to destroy the servers and nobody can play anything. Real content guys.

So maybe they actually do something. It is extremely hard to stop people from coming back because MMOs tend to attract degenerates who are willing to make 5000 alt accounts to do stuff. When we were linked with JQ last week, some idiot was mass trolling from another server. Fine, block them. But the next day another account with a name similar to the last with an accent immediately appeared. This was an entirely new account; I assume that must be because the previous one was banned.

Or maybe it was like that really down period of Lost Ark where a lot of the bots vanished. We never knew if it was because they banned bots or the game got bad enough for the bots to leave and find something better to do.  (Then they came back....)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And that's always been the response. Just sweep it under the rug.

Bots, afk farming, win trading, ruining the economy with exploits? I sleep.
Calling this out? REAL KITTEN.

I'm surprised that WvW isn't overrun with more exploits, because you know people exploit them immediately, like whenever people can use skills to destroy the servers and nobody can play anything. Real content guys.

So maybe they actually do something. It is extremely hard to stop people from coming back because MMOs tend to attract degenerates who are willing to make 5000 alt accounts to do stuff. When we were linked with JQ last week, some idiot was mass trolling from another server. Fine, block them. But the next day another account with a name similar to the last with an accent immediately appeared. This was an entirely new account; I assume that must be because the previous one was banned.

Or maybe it was like that really down period of Lost Ark where a lot of the bots vanished. We never knew if it was because they banned bots or the game got bad enough for the bots to leave and find something better to do.  (Then they came back....)

Dunno just seems really weird to me, if they really did do a lot of stuff in the background you would think "bragging" about it would be good for them, as it tells the players they're doing something and serve a warning to those that may want to look into exploiting.

But we don't hear anything, they just delete or close posts and they tell you to send a report, and that's the end of it, shuffled off to someone elses hands which may very well just be the waste basket. So that just leaves everyone to believe they do nothing at all and just sweep stuff under the rug hoping the exploiter gets bored, or the player blocks and ignores it. If you currently don't have the black lion store open they really just don't care.

• Thanks 2

Literally this, there is no communication whatsoever and it is a fact that reports aren't taken seriously. 

We literally have groups running cheats that give you barrier when you get hit. There are some on warclaw with distortion. People "shadowstepping" with no cooldowns at all. Was fighting a thief last night and it literally started bragging after killing me by teleporting on sm walls from outside several times then bming. 

At this point it feels like anet is willing to overlook all of this so they can boost the number of "active" players.

It's unhealthy and frustrating af.

• Sad 1

The big problem with Tactics has always been that there is no other option than "public activation" and "guild only". Public lets everyone pull EWP (e.g.) and guild only requires large guilds having people on every map they have a claim and close to the structure you need to activate. That excludes all small guilds from claiming bigger things like towers and keeps to be effective. A third option that needs you to have e.g. rank 500 to be able to pull (and/or no free to play account) would reduce alt-account trolls from most of the sabotaging they can do now.

But when have we seen well thought of WvW development the past few years (silly wall partition nerf and moving of gathering nodes aside 😞 ).

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

A third option that needs you to have e.g. rank 500 to be able to pull (and/or no free to play account) would reduce alt-account trolls from most of the sabotaging they can do now.

I've been saying this for years and I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like that. 

And the tactics is a slight inconvenience since majority of the time when wsr tries to attack after trolling they end up dying or running off.

I'm more annoyed at the blatant cheating and people not even hiding it anymore.

As a naked norn mesmer I think WSR is great and even though Anet cucks them every MU with solo links and "Full" capacity even with 1/3rd active players of other servers they remain a fun, community driven, server 😇 when we see our 6 day old SM uncontested emergency waypoint activated and the sounds of airships, we all laugh and prepare for the wave of incoming bags 

• Like 4

Anets response is to ingore it.

They do not care, they never cared, and they will never care.

They aren't fixing this, they have never fixed this, and they will never fix this.

It's been 10+ years. It has always been like this and it will always be like this.

If this is game-ending for you, the ONLY thing you can do is stop playing.

It would be VERY easy to stop most tactic trolling. E.g. min rank 500 to pull tactics or set a min age of accounts that can pull tactics...the fact that they havn't implemented any measures in 10+ years IS their response: They. Do. Not. Care.

Edited by Firefly.5982
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:29 PM, Nanoir.2315 said:

Can we please get a response from an actual dev about people cheating or pulling tactics on alt accounts rather than some auto reply before locking a thread.

Has anyone actually been banned? 

Up against wsr with people using exploits and cheats, running with perma barries everytime they get hit and being invun & teleporting when downed. Also being hit from under the map constantly. 

What is going on???

Mister dont u know what a screenshot or a recording is? 

What is going on???

Spoiler

Don't tell everyone that WSR play with 5 heal scourge parties 

8 hours ago, Vardy.3592 said:

If you're relying upon tactivators to win, you're gonna lose.

Given how people pull them, that's probably true since it's more help than harm.

Especially that EBG keep ewp. That's just bag delivery express.

I mean of course it's lame when spies pull it and the permissions system is a heaping pile of kitten, but treating it like one can't play wvw without them means there's bigger problems elsewhere.

People that don't use cannons, people that don't give useful info, and people that don't build sensible siege and waste supply on nonsense like gate catas contribute to a structure loss more than tactivators ever will.  Also this week I've seen people build enough  arrow carts to siege cap the map so no other siege can be built. Maybe it was well intentioned but in practice kitten like that is just griefing about just as bad if not worse than pulling tacts incorrectly. Some may argue that's just stupidity or ignorance and not malicious intent, but if one goes about willingly being  fine with that ignorance for an extended period of time lasting years or more, then it is griefing.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Anet response, tactics you need to activate do not really help.

Ill break it down for you.

Chilling Fog: Mount ignore this and boons bypass the chill. Its a pretty snowflake

Supply Drop: Wow 100 supply, you can repair 3 paper walls, 2 t2 walls or 1 t3 wall clap clap, maybe an extra tickle ac will help but its so little, I just grab it so I have supply while the thing flips.

3 Banners: They all niche and easy to avoid. Centaur is the only really good one as you can go centaur and ERP with the lord 😉 

Invul: Completely worthless since its no longer an invul, dampens nothing

EWP: This one could help but pulling stats out of the mists, 99% its a farm for the enemy and 0.9% its a philosophical debate if it should be pulled or not. The 0.1% it actually saved the keep or tower but you don't sound like you would fit in that category.

Edited by Twilightzone.7452
  • Haha 2