Idea to make Bladesworn fun in PvP

bethekey.8314

Hello, Warriors.

You may know me from the PvP forums as "that guy who hates Shield Master", or  "he who thinks Bull's Charge shouldn't be able to 360 no scope over the Atlantic".

I'm here today on a different kind of mission. Extending the olive branch, if you will. As much as I dislike current iterations of Bladesworn, I like fun class specific mechanics and thought of a silly one today, which I wanted to share.

We all know the act of standing still, channeling your inner Dragon, is awkward in the heat of battle. What if there was an incentive to purposefully channel it outside of battle?

What if, in a PvP match, for every minute you spend channeling, studying the blade, you get a permanent, stacking +20% damage modifier for the rest of the match?

I think it would create an interesting new dynamic in conquest. Like "carry" type classes in MOBAs, the Bladesworn could then change how they rotate and fight, instead choosing to "farm" 20% damage modifiers for the first part of a match to become a DPS monster later on. Imagine getting to anime slash 100-0 people down left and right and having it be kinda balanced at the same time. 

I think it'd be neat. What say you?

Woodstock?! 

*scrambles to clean up empty milk jugs and get the bench out of the squat rack*

*Yells at @Azure The Heartless.3261 somewhere in the back to get the tea ready*

Here is what I suggest based on your idea: Let Flow not decay in combat. Let us charge the slash and for the bullets to not be expended until we use a Dragon Slash. Let each charge 'tier' activate burst traits like Berserker's Power, Cleansing Ire, Burst Precision, and Adrenal Health. 

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Hello, Warriors.

*nods* "Rocket-launcher~"

You may know me from the PvP forums as "that guy who hates Shield Master", or  "he who thinks Bull's Charge shouldn't be able to 360 no scope over the Atlantic".

I'm here today on a different kind of mission. Extending the olive branch, if you will. As much as I dislike current iterations of Bladesworn, I like fun class specific mechanics and thought of a silly one today, which I wanted to share.

We all know the act of standing still, channeling your inner Dragon, is awkward in the heat of battle. What if there was an incentive to purposefully channel it outside of battle?

What if, in a PvP match, for every minute you spend channeling, studying the blade, you get a permanent, stacking +20% damage modifier for the rest of the match?

I think it would create an interesting new dynamic in conquest. Like "carry" type classes in MOBAs, the Bladesworn could then change how they rotate and fight, instead choosing to "farm" 20% damage modifiers for the first part of a match to become a DPS monster later on. Imagine getting to anime slash 100-0 people down left and right and having it be kinda balanced at the same time. 

I think it'd be neat. What say you?

Doesn't even need to be permanent. Focus to increase damage modifiers is a good mechanic, reminds me of several fighting games where characters have toolkits you need to stock. 

Charge for (reasonable seconds here), damage modifier for (reasonable seconds here.) 

Here is what I suggest based on your idea: Let Flow not decay in combat. Let us charge the slash and for the bullets to not be expended until we use a Dragon Slash. Let each charge 'tier' activate burst traits like Berserker's Power, Cleansing Ire, Burst Precision, and Adrenal Health. 

I like this. Putting a little spin on it.

> No cooldown for swapping into gunsaber. It's now a kit.

>No flow generation initially (bear with me now)

>Gunsaber has a stowable dragon trigger that is cancelled on moving. You can pocket cartridges. F2 puts you in dragon trigger stance.

Initially, the skills are locked beyond force, which is always available. Charges are now the ammo you need to use skills beyond force.

Your flow bar is segmented into three chunks. Dragon trigger charging works like heat on holosmith, where spending time in DT specifically rapidly fills the bar. The bar is slowly depleted over time. Crossing a threshold from left to right counts as a burst and procs your traits. For filling it 2/3s or all the way, perhaps hand the bladesworn a boon of some sort (grandmasters will need to be reworked obviously)

Probably horribly unbalanced, probably needs some tempering due to oversights, but I like it. At least it's not boring.  

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

19 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*nods* "Rocket-launcher~"

Idk why but this just sounds racist somehow hahaha

21 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

19 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I like this. Putting a little spin on it.

> No cooldown for swapping into gunsaber. It's now a kit.

>No flow generation initially (bear with me now)

>Gunsaber has a stowable dragon trigger that is cancelled on moving. You can pocket cartridges. F2 puts you in dragon trigger stance.

Initially, the skills are locked beyond force, which is always available. Charges are now the ammo you need to use skills beyond force.

Your flow bar is segmented into three chunks. Dragon trigger charging works like heat on holosmith, where spending time in DT specifically rapidly fills the bar. The bar is slowly depleted over time. Crossing a threshold from left to right counts as a burst and procs your traits. For filling it 2/3s or all the way, perhaps hand the bladesworn a boon of some sort (grandmasters will need to be reworked obviously)

Probably horribly unbalanced, probably needs some tempering due to oversights, but I like it. At least it's not boring.  

It's interesting to hear your takes on it. I personally want it to be over the top, not just adjusting to make it a kit / allow maintenance of charge. The incentive to play the class differently in conquest, encouraging 3 node play (to disrupt "farming" side noders), builds focusing on rotation + farming damage mods besides just thief etc.

Just now, bethekey.8314 said:

Idk why but this just sounds racist somehow hahaha

It's interesting to hear your takes on it. I personally want it to be over the top, not just adjusting to make it a kit / allow maintenance of charge. The incentive to play the class differently in conquest, encouraging 3 node play (to disrupt "farming" side noders), builds focusing on rotation + farming damage mods besides just thief etc.

Keep in mind it has to fit within the class mechanics. What I suggested was a way to fit your idea within the mechanics that warrior has to work with.