WvW needs... something

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I look at the numbers a little now and then. The average week WvW tracks around 0.8-1.2 million kills over the weekends and 1.4-1.8 million total I think but since most of the activity happen at prime and over the weekend it's not linear with time. The first beta week had about as much activity on Sunday as an entire WvW week, ending at 2.65 million which is pretty insane. Previous highest I remember was 2.3 million. Unfortunately I wasn't so detailed with the last two weeks, I know the second week was up to 1.4 million on a Tuesday and increased about 200K a day and I seem to recall the third week tracking about the same but I never wrote it down.

So you have anecdotal evidence at best. Understood.

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

People keep saying that WR is so horrible (especially the last week) but shouldn't that bring the activity down? The beta weeks themselves is a variable that should have far more impact than some WXP.

And therein lies the issue. What if more people played that normally don't but some the regular players just gave up because it's horrible? In fact, I know that some WvW guilds on my "team" quit playing after the first week because they were upset about the beta. But how many players those are? No idea. And that's why the number of kills etc. don't mean anything because it comes down to who's playing and who's not and why. And you can't make a proper comparison especially with the limited information we have.

And you keep downplaying WXP but that's really disingenuous. WXP is extremely useful for people who have low ranks and want to get legendary items, for example. It takes ages already and at lower ranks it takes even longer. So getting the ranks up is very important for a number of people. How many? I don't know but I'm betting you don't know either. 

In the end we can't make a fair comparison and that's all I'm saying. 

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

And you keep downplaying WXP but that's really disingenuous. WXP is extremely useful for people who have low ranks and want to get legendary items, for example. It takes ages already and at lower ranks it takes even longer. So getting the ranks up is very important for a number of people. How many? I don't know but I'm betting you don't know either. 

Yes surely so many of them will focus intensely on those couple of weeks a year where WXP bonus is active in the mode they have a tendancy to proclaim hatred for so that they can get a few extra ranks toward their next pip which is probably 2000-3000+ ranks away because only the first couple of extra pips will be viable for them to get by WXP in the short term anyway.

But I suppose you are correct, no I dont interview every single player in WvW about their motives to play or not play WvW.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yes surely so many of them will focus intensely on those couple of weeks a year where WXP bonus is active in the mode they have a tendancy to proclaim hatred for so that they can get a few extra ranks toward their next pip which is probably 2000-3000+ ranks away because only the first couple of extra pips will be viable for them to get by WXP in the short term anyway.

Be sarcastic all you want but you don't have anything solid to back up your claims

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But I suppose you are correct, no I dont interview every single player in WvW about their motives to play or not play WvW.

Far from it in fact, so again you are being dismissive because you believe you are right about your assumptions, whereas I just don't want to make assumptions. I do not know how many people there are that are there for those things I describe. But I do know that when there are variables that make it an unequal comparison, I shouldn't make that comparison.

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

whereas I just don't want to make assumptions.

... which would be exactly what you're doing with the WXP "variable", wouldnt it. So tbh that sounds a little hypocritical, you're allowed to make assumptions but I'm not.