Kinetic Accelerators isn't granting enough concentration

bethekey.8314

It says it gives you 10% of your power as concentration. As as a trait that also grants might, you might expect that it scales with the power from might, right?

Nope. Only draws from base power. Maybe others have reported this before, but I find it annoying.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

It says it gives you 10% of your power as concentration. As as a trait that also grants might, you might expect that it scales with the power from might, right?

Nope. Only draws from base power. Maybe others have reported this before, but I find it annoying.

This is by design to prevent the potential for infinite stat loops in certain cases (many have been removed) I believe.

They trait you would be looking for would be something along the lines of "gain X concentraiton per stack of might" which would arguably be a similarly interesting mechanic in it's own right.

Edited by Stalima.5490

Like others above have said, it works the same for all classes that have traits like this. Having constantly fluctuating boon durations is both unreliable to play around and a big strain on the server and maybe... you know... broken? Imagine having this on cele or other high boon duration builds in wvw with 25 might. Yea nope.

Edited by Koensol.5860

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 11:32 AM, Stalima.5490 said:

This is by design to prevent the potential for infinite stat loops in certain cases (many have been removed) I believe.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your meaning here. Might is capped at 25. What else dynamically changes your power?

On 3/7/2024 at 11:32 AM, Stalima.5490 said:

They trait you would be looking for would be something along the lines of "gain X concentraiton per stack of might" which would arguably be a similarly interesting mechanic in it's own right.

This already exists. Herald relic, 25 concentration per boon, or might stack in this case.

1 hour ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Like others above have said, it works the same for all classes that have traits like this. Having constantly fluctuating boon durations is both unreliable to play around and a big strain on the server and maybe... you know... broken? Imagine having this on cele or other high boon duration builds in wvw with 25 might. Yea nope.

Except constantly fluctuating boon and condition durations, or power damage, already exists in the game?

Like the example above, Herald relic scales concentration per stack of might. Reworded another way, it increases concentration in a correlated way with your power damage. Just hover over your boon tooltips as you apply other boons and watch the durations change.

Edited by bethekey.8314

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Perhaps I'm not understanding your meaning here. Might is capped at 25. What else dynamically changes your power?

This already exists. Herald relic, 25 concentration per boon, or might stack in this case.

Except constantly fluctuating boon and condition durations, or power damage, already exists in the game?

Like the example above, Herald relic scales concentration per stack of might. Reworded another way, it increases concentration in a correlated way with your power damage. Just hover over your boon tooltips as you apply other boons and watch the durations change.

Fair enough, but "concentration per stack of might/boon" is different from getting concentration based on power (which works static for all similar traits like for example that ranger trait that grants healing power based on power) It is what it is. They don't want these things to become overinflated.

Edited by Koensol.5860

21 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

They removed alot of those conversions from the game but tell me what happens in this case:

You gain 10% of your power as concentration.

You gain 10% of your concentration as power.

Now, does it just keep stacking up because both effects buff each other thus buffing each other thus buffing each other or do you just cut out that nonesense entirely and make them not affect one another.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stalima.5490 said:

You gain 10% of your concentration as power.

Yes, I'm aware that your example will form a cycle.

You cite this as the reason why Kinetic Accelerators should not work as described. Given that might is capped, 30 power doesn't translate into major additive concentration changes, and boon duration doesn't automatically = more might:

22 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

What else dynamically changes your power?

Is there such a thing that can dynamically change your power in an infinitely cyclical way with concentration? If so, is it achievable on Engi?

Or is there any example in the game like that? Where the trait/ability wording is different from how it is coded to prevent infinite loops.

I know that infinite loops have happened in the past, but not with stats. Even with boons, the durations are capped and limits are placed on things like healing frequency it seems. If infinite loops were possible and they coded it as 10% of your base power for that reason, they should write it as such. It affects how you build your character.

Edited by bethekey.8314

20 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Yes, I'm aware that your example will form a cycle.

You cite this as the reason why Kinetic Accelerators should not work as described. Given that might is capped, 30 power doesn't translate into major additive concentration changes, and boon duration doesn't automatically = more might:

Is there such a thing that can dynamically change your power in an infinitely cyclical way with concentration? If so, is it achievable on Engi?

Or is there any example in the game like that? Where the trait/ability wording is different from how it is coded to prevent infinite loops.

I know that infinite loops have happened in the past, but not with stats. Even with boons, the durations are capped and limits are placed on things like healing frequency it seems. If infinite loops were possible and they coded it as 10% of your base power for that reason, they should write it as such. It affects how you build your character.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_Shield

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnanimous_Sharpening_Stone

While this is not a concentration thing, you can see that somehow this would infinitely create a conversion loop with power to vitality and vitality to power. and by the way, this would mean that the engineer would technically be capable of not only instantly killing anything but also be immortal if it was infinite.

Thus I believe they decided that anything outside of your base stats would not benefit from such conversions rather than deal with these potential issues.

Edited by Stalima.5490