SoTO & Western Astrology

I was wondering, while we are in the Astral Ward, if there could be some Western Astrology-themed weapons or armor. Even if there were an outfit called the astrologer with different constellations and such floating about, it would be super cool. 

We have the Zodiac armor set, but that falls a bit short of what I was thinking. I was thinking about how GW2 celebrates the Lunar New Year each year. Only we'd get items themed around western constellations like Libra, Aries, and Gemini. 

Edited by dontlook.1823
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I would like that, however, after giving it some thought, it might be tricky because who would want Aries items when they're Taurus or Libra, for example? And I doubt that full weapon sets based on each star sign would be a bit much for Anet. 

I would like some astronomy based items in some form or another. There are some like the Astral weapons in the Domain of Istan, but they're a very specific colour (gold/yellow). But more like in colours of the night sky and stars. Anyways, just throwing out some thoughts here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I like the idea of implementing western zodiac star signs into a weapons set. However, I think it'd be best to invent Tyria star signs that are clearly inspired by real western symbology, for two reasons:

1. If we're using these symbols on weapons and want each weapon to have a unique symbol, then we'd need sixteen symbols rather than twelve. (This is a bit arbitrary, I do realise, but why duplicate some and not others? How should duplicates be determined? If new ones are invented it won't matter.)
  2. Tyria wouldn't have Earth's constellations of course, so it makes sense Tyria wouldn't have Earth's star signs either. Certainly doesn't have the same alphabet or numerical system.

I also agree with the afformentioned situation of using real star signs as being problematic for those who want a specific one. If I want virgo and that's on a mace, well I'm a sad mesmer then...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I would like that, however, after giving it some thought, it might be tricky because who would want Aries items when they're Taurus or Libra, for example? And I doubt that full weapon sets based on each star sign would be a bit much for Anet. 

I would like some astronomy based items in some form or another. There are some like the Astral weapons in the Domain of Istan, but they're a very specific colour (gold/yellow). But more like in colours of the night sky and stars. Anyways, just throwing out some thoughts here.

I like the idea of having something astrological/astronomy-themed with constellations.

5 hours ago, Kiki.9450 said:

I like the idea of implementing western zodiac star signs into a weapons set. However, I think it'd be best to invent Tyria star signs that are clearly inspired by real western symbology, for two reasons:

1. If we're using these symbols on weapons and want each weapon to have a unique symbol, then we'd need sixteen symbols rather than twelve. (This is a bit arbitrary, I do realise, but why duplicate some and not others? How should duplicates be determined? If new ones are invented it won't matter.)
  2. Tyria wouldn't have Earth's constellations of course, so it makes sense Tyria wouldn't have Earth's star signs either. Certainly doesn't have the same alphabet or numerical system.

I also agree with the afformentioned situation of using real star signs as being problematic for those who want a specific one. If I want virgo and that's on a mace, well I'm a sad mesmer then...

I like the idea of having one tied into Tyrian lore. I want some nodes to Western Astrology, though. And, your last part made me lol.. The area in DR near the queen's throne room could be a great staging for the signs.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/7/2024 at 7:20 PM, Kiki.9450 said:

What about the Dragon stars plot line from Arah explorable that was never mentioned again?

• Like 2