RP addons to help with sending custom /emote or /say to gw2

Are there any gw2 addons that facilitate role playing activities?  Especially looking for anything that allows me to post /emote and /say.  For example, if my character had a catch phrase or 2 that I liked to use in combat I could click a button, which sends the /say to gw2, and not lose combat efficiency because I'm doing several things at once.  Ideally I would have a series of buttons for many different say/emote with text messages that I could customize and create.

So while we do know that things like WARP will auto-post things like adding people to your party/joining a party, I don't know about this sort of thing. There's likely macros people set up to work with this. However - this might also get into the territory of where macros are banned. Generally - you don't want to be able to try and press buttons faster than humanly possible. And sadly - if it's typing it for you - that counts.

Think of it this way - this DOES sadly give you an unfair advantage - especially as there are people who do content in the game without voice chat. So them using a machine to type for them kind of gives them an unfair advantage against others who are typing normally.

Because you are, technically, doing PvE content - and not say, just playing an instrument while standing.. This could be risky territory. Do this sort of thing with caution.

You could use maybe some other tools that transfer voice to text - but again this goes into risky territory of using something outside of the game to do inputs for you. (And understandably, people use it for accessibility so it's kind of a gray area.)

Plus, keep in mind - anytime you're typing, your normal inputs will also go into the chatbox. So if you press the number buttons to do skills - that's gonna all go into a chatbox too. (The best way to do this otherwise is maybe typing with one hand and skill clicking with a mouse, but even then - that'll make it hard to even rotate the camera or move sometimes. There's always gonna be a struggle with input.)

What I would recommend instead - maybe utilize your machine's clipboard tool, or copy and paste. Either that, or you may need to learn just to..type fast or figure out ways to multitask your rotation while typing. A lot of people have to do content this way or we manage to type while RPing. (Which isn't viable for everyone, obviously. It's hard to have reaction times, or type while doing stuff, etc. So this isn't very accessible, admittedly) From my personal experience though - as someone who has RPed metas since 2012 - you kind of get used to it and find a way to make it work.

• Like 1

Another suggestion I have - generally for RPvE, I've left the longer descriptions for down time during PvE content. When I'm doing the actual PvE portion, I utilize more of /say and quick talk - but for emotes, I allow the medium to do the talking. As in - actual combat, I usually end up making that something that happens in character instead.

Use the medium to your advantage, and practice!

• Like 1

Depending on your mouse and whether your keyboard allows you to set up a message, you might just be able to set up a macro which would function like a paste. I don't think there's any speed of typing involved, as the message would appear immediately, much like you'd have with a paste. This would be the fastest way to go about posting a set message.*

AFAIk, the second-best option would be to use WARP. 
As @Ciijay.2916mentioned, WARP can be useful, but they forgot to mention the part where you can make notes. So if you're logged on to a character, you can add notes to their profile. These notes could be your /e or /s. On clicking the WARP icon again, it will open up to the notes, so you won't have to navigate after the initial click. If setting up a macro doesn't work, I can highly encourage you to give this a shot, as this also allows you to see what's going on in-game, compared to alt-tabbing to a text file.

*A list of rules concerning macros would be found here. As a macro for RP reasons would not grant you an unfair advantage over other players, I don't think you would have to worry about applying a macro for your RP. It seems ANet regards unfair advantages as ways to generate gold, which you don't exactly do in RP. And I think you could go with the condition "musicians" are subject to, where they are allowed to use macros to generate music, but the account has to be actively attended throughout; the main difference between an RPer and a music player like that would be the type of entertainment they deliver.

15 hours ago, Patientnr.4823 said:

*A list of rules concerning macros would be found here. As a macro for RP reasons would not grant you an unfair advantage over other players, I don't think you would have to worry about applying a macro for your RP. It seems ANet regards unfair advantages as ways to generate gold, which you don't exactly do in RP. And I think you could go with the condition "musicians" are subject to, where they are allowed to use macros to generate music, but the account has to be actively attended throughout; the main difference between an RPer and a music player like that would be the type of entertainment they deliver.

Thanks for linking this!

I do know some people do macros just to emote little meme during things like WvW among friends. But I wasn't sure how okay this was to actually do. I figure also if the macros also aren't calling out certain stuff related to gameplay (like someone having quick ways to say "3 home" "2 mid" or things like that) - it would probably be fine too.