Lvl boost

I've used while at 80, as I had a few of them accumulated and no low-level character spots that I cared to re-roll/boost... I don't see the 'waste', so long as you're sure you won't regret it later.

As I recall the weapon/armor gear itself is bound and cannot be sold or salvaged, so if that is your motivation, you may want to rethink...

Here is a link to all the stuff you get:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

• Like 2

It's worth thinking about before you do it, but could be a good choice.

It's not difficult to level up in this game (as I suspect you've found) and you can get tomes of knowledge from the Wizard's Vault or from WvW and PvP which let you instantly level a character. You can also get exotic celestial equipment in other ways too. So really it comes down to which one you want first.

• Like 1

condi weapons should have abilities that inflict lots of damage dealing conditions like bleeding, burning, torment, poison. They will deal some strike damage as well but it’s clearly secondary

power weapons should have abilities that have high strike damage and if they have conditions it will be things like vulnerability and movement-related things like chill or weakness. 

Necro sword is clearly designed as a power weapon. That should also not be surprising either since weapons nearly always fill the same the same role across all professions. For example, warhorn, pistol, scepter and dagger are nearly always condition weapons for every profession that uses them. Whereas sword, great sword, longbow and focus are nearly always power weapons. 

if you really want a condi necro build stick with some combo of pistol, scepter, warhorn and dagger.