Wizard Vault PvE tasks with HoT and PoF only

I've noticed that with this exact combination of game additions sometimes lacks a task to either dodge three attacks or make three combo attacks. If you have any other combination of additions you have one of these two.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

I actually didn't know they tailored them to what you own, vs what they want you to own. I know it's not your question, but that's such a relief to hear!

From the Patch Notes:

Additionally, a number of daily and weekly objectives have been updated. New options have been added to some objectives so they can be completed in multiple ways. Some objectives have been shelved for the time being. The intent of these changes is to improve the overall feel of the objective selection, reduce friction with required times for global-timer events, and reduce the number of expansion-only objectives that caused players to have different weekly objective lists.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/143570-game-update-notes-february-27-2024/#comment-2087242

• Like 2

16 hours ago, zistenz.1945 said:

I'm also a HoT + PoF only player, but I (almost) always have combos or dodges, or both every day.... It's an easy thing to do, so I'm not complaining. 🙂 

The operative word is "almost." You always have one of them when you only have the Core game (Thanks Prime) or EoD (Again, thanks Prime), and you also have it when you have SotO (personal experience). That's the important difference. The difference only occurs when you have the HoT and PoF combo and if it was consistent then you should always have one of them regardless of the expansions you have.

• Confused 4

I have pofhot and i sometimes got daily 3 combos.

I no longer get activity in pve bucket which is major improvment, and i will take anything else.

Most popular: Loot 10 corpses, do a heart (augury rock meta), salvage 10 items, do an event, visit vista, use mystic forge, defianc ebar at least this one are often enought to remember

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, zistenz.1945 said:

Nah, it's far from that. Almost means I got about 1-3 days in a month without any of them. Why is it matters? What do you lose?

Nothing is the inconsistency since I always have one or the other on my other combinations.

14 hours ago, evilcat.6817 said:

I have pofhot and i sometimes got daily 3 combos.

I no longer get activity in pve bucket which is major improvment, and i will take anything else.

Most popular: Loot 10 corpses, do a heart (augury rock meta), salvage 10 items, do an event, visit vista, use mystic forge, defianc ebar at least this one are often enought to remember

I never said you never get either dodge or combo. I said that they were sometimes absent in that exact combination. My Core account always has one of them and my EoD account also always has one of them.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the Patch Notes:

Additionally, a number of daily and weekly objectives have been updated. New options have been added to some objectives so they can be completed in multiple ways. Some objectives have been shelved for the time being. The intent of these changes is to improve the overall feel of the objective selection, reduce friction with required times for global-timer events, and reduce the number of expansion-only objectives that caused players to have different weekly objective lists.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/143570-game-update-notes-february-27-2024/#comment-2087242

That is pretty cool of them. Maybe I'll give them a try again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

The Dodge 3/Three Combo. You aways get one of them if you only have EoD.

And what make you say it's a bug?

The only known rule for daily is that there is a 5aa login task and 4 10aa task.

Assuming that the daily one are still expansion based, it's not impossible that the pool is small enough to have one of those two being there frequently if not everyday.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 12:12 PM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

And what make you say it's a bug?

The only known rule for daily is that there is a 5aa login task and 4 10aa task.

Assuming that the daily one are still expansion based, it's not impossible that the pool is small enough to have one of those two being there frequently if not everyday.

I've started to pay attention to this recently and in the time I've looked, I've yet to get a task for killing enemies or doing events in Cantha. Seeing as EoD is about Cantha I'm fairly sure there's a bug there. I've seen the "Kill Vets," "Kill Elite," "Break Defiance Bar," and "Gather X" fairly often. I ´get Canthan enemies and/or events daily often on my main account and that has access to everything.

It's just how the rotation works when you have missing expansions. Those two objectives are not an alternating pair, which you can see if you look at the full (all expansion) rotation. It's just that you're missing enough content that your reduced objective set almost makes them look like an alternating pair.