Live In EU With An NA Account

Hi all!

I am exploring my options. When I bought GW2 originally, I was living in the US. I moved to Europe some years ago and would love to start playing GW2 again, but I find it frustrating to be stuck on US servers when nobody else is online. It limits my ability to play the community content with other players so drastically. I have several ascended armor sets, am progressing towards legendary gear, have money, and have 8 level 80's, so my account has come a fair way and isn't a free to play starter account by any means.

What options do I have? Does there exist a way for me to make my account EU instead of NA? Can I transfer characters? Or am I stuck having to make a brand new account?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

You can transfer your whole account to EU, in the char selection screen bottom left "world selection".On the top right of the dialog you can choose Europe vs America. Cost you at least 500 gems, if you do NOT play WvW, the population of worlds is irrelevant to you, all PvE of EU (or of NA) play together, I.e. you can choose a cheapest world without any difference in PvE.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1

As paid accounts are entitled to one free region transfer, I recently transferred an NA region account to an EU region at no cost. It was seamless, no problems at all. 

Sorry, just realized that the account a/m was a free account I'd created years ago & upgraded to a paid account years ago as well... so only entitled to the free transfer because of that upgrade. 

I'll take that confused emoji, I deserve it!! 😕 

Edited by Stelawrat.6589
Memory lapse excuse mea culpa...
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

yes, you can transfer for the fee of 500-1800 gems (depending on the world vs world of your choice, but to be honest, at this moment in time I would always pick a 500 gem world).

If you owned a free account and upgraded it to a paid account you are entitled for a free transfer once. 

(ps. it used to be possible to transfer for free if you delete all characters. Arenanet has blocked this options and stated it was an exploit, which is funny as it was advertised on the old forum several times by the forum communications team lead who no longer works at Arenanet. Anyways, do not do this! It no longer works)