Still no Backpieces allowed for Fashion Wars event

I really thought they might've took the hint from last year, all the griping about lack of backpieces being allowed on stage (and as a spectator), but this year they've really lost the plot.

They vetoed the whole idea of "fashion" by allowing tonics on stage and leaving backpieces in the cold. Backpieces are still armour, if I'm not mistaken, and they should be allowed as the player's expression of their fashion. I'm still unsure as to why backpieces (of any kind) not allowed in that area during the event.

Can we get a word from those who know (not those who guess) as to why backpieces aren't allowed in the event? You made a silly tonic to allow for extra height, but won't include a simple fix like a piece of armour to be displayed.

• Confused 5

34 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Huh, what do you mean? I was wearing the cape from the new event achievement on stage and it was fully visible 🙂

Honestly visible or joke visible? Because it would be amazing if you could see the cloak when on stage. Kinda like the greatsword of the unseen.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Confused 1

Idk if it really matters for me since whole event is just a joke to fool around and have fun, not a real fashion contest. Like most times I watch it, peoples are woting for random players without look matching the theme or for peoples with the skins so wierd and obnoxious that one think they really escaped from the rl balenciaga kind of fashion show. Nothing against it of course, but since most doesn't take this show siriously, I don't think it really matters if the back items are visible or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Valandil.6453 said:

I really thought they might've took the hint from last year, all the griping about lack of backpieces being allowed on stage (and as a spectator), but this year they've really lost the plot.

They vetoed the whole idea of "fashion" by allowing tonics on stage and leaving backpieces in the cold. Backpieces are still armour, if I'm not mistaken, and they should be allowed as the player's expression of their fashion. I'm still unsure as to why backpieces (of any kind) not allowed in that area during the event.

Can we get a word from those who know (not those who guess) as to why backpieces aren't allowed in the event? You made a silly tonic to allow for extra height, but won't include a simple fix like a piece of armour to be displayed.

Here you go: 

Just thought I'd let everyone know what if you activate an embiggening tonic between two contests and keep it active until the cooldown timer hits zero, the game will remove your transformation, but won't give you the skills to support contentants (7,8 and 9). If you then re-enable and disable your tonic again, you can use back pieces, novelties and mounts.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/129435-fashion-wars-at-last/?do=findComment&comment=1877822

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Here you go: 

Just thought I'd let everyone know what if you activate an embiggening tonic between two contests and keep it active until the cooldown timer hits zero, the game will remove your transformation, but won't give you the skills to support contentants (7,8 and 9). If you then re-enable and disable your tonic again, you can use back pieces, novelties and mounts.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/129435-fashion-wars-at-last/?do=findComment&comment=1877822

Ahhh, the classic "incomplete transformation cancel" buffer.

l never really understood why some bundles hide the backpack when they don't transform you in any way. Some bundles show 'em fine, so what's the deal? Reads to me like, "I didn't pay attention to which transformation I used as a parent".

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Idk if it really matters for me since whole event is just a joke to fool around and have fun, not a real fashion contest. Like most times I watch it, peoples are woting for random players without look matching the theme or for peoples with the skins so wierd and obnoxious that one think they really escaped from the rl balenciaga kind of fashion show. Nothing against it of course, but since most doesn't take this show siriously, I don't think it really matters if the back items are visible or not.

Considering the current April Fools theme, i couldn't really see the contestants anyway. Only longer or shorter wobbly blobs.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Considering the current April Fools theme, i couldn't really see the contestants anyway. Only longer or shorter wobbly blobs.

I was in luck than. Saw maybe one or two players with the tonic on, during 3 hours I have spent there.

Still. Going full heavy armor, while the theme is something like "Going to the ball" is wierd enough for me. But as I said, event is not really to be taken seriously, thus I don't see the reason to bother with adding an option for backpieces. Especially while You can enable it Yourself with the tonic or something as Cedo said.

• Like 1