Long-term changes in the final area of Guild Wars 2

Economic/cost-effective considerations of changes for the ArenaNet team in the context of Guild Wars 2.

The purpose of this post is to express thoughts. The point is not to evaluate and discuss examples given, but to make suggestions that might be attractive for ArenaNet to implement. These first lines are an attempt to collect further contributions with solution-oriented ideas.

Possible aspects for this topic could be:

WVW

Reasons or suggestions for changes in WvW for the motivation to farm points for the team: 

Examples:
- Reward the winner of the week (e.g. Team Blue) with a magic sense buff that lasts for a week afterwards.

- Reward the winner of the week with 1 pip buff, which lasts for the next week.

Just a thought:

- Additionally, I would like all long term players to have something collectible in the long run. Since the armor or stats of the players should not be upgraded to keep the "balance" (patch etc.) among each other, it would be possible to change fortress strengths or find some kind of "reward" for the players and let them invest there. For example, when player blue gets close to the guards/fortress blue, this fortress receives an aura that is given to all blue defenders.

What the buff scales with and how extreme can be determined individually. (For example, depending on the WvW level or other unlockable options that can be added).

Note: Boonball (or teleporting far away) has a frustrating effect on the opposing player, as their entire character progress (armor, stats, damage, etc.) is completely ignored for seconds. The seconds of invulnerability are one-sided, as the "Invulnerable" player benefits and the "Frustrated" player does not. Afterwards, it is often not just one "Frustrated" player who is involved in this situation, but several "Frustrated" players. Conclusion: the overall content of the situation has a negative effect.

PVE

In PvE, I want something that can motivate me in the long term and that I can experience (regardless of the Legis). I could imagine that this "something" is more satisfying if it can be invested in character progression. Progress means something easily changeable in the realm of possibilities in the context of GW2 philosophy. Satisfying can be a stat change that offers comfort and not strength (no increased condition damage or increased precision). Since these changes can be altered by numbers (without visual effects etc.) it would be economically and financially attractive to program.

In conclusion, my thoughts may contain errors (blind spots that I don't see) but still cause consideration by the reader. It doesn't matter how the thoughts are evaluated, the party deciding on changes is primarily ArenaNet. Please refrain from rating and bring more solutions in the comments. 

Have fun thinking creatively and getting involved!

• Confused 11

On 4/6/2024 at 8:31 PM, Erysium.4501 said:

Economic/cost-effective considerations of changes for the ArenaNet team in the context of Guild Wars 2.

The purpose of this post is to express thoughts. The point is not to evaluate and discuss examples given, but to make suggestions that might be attractive for ArenaNet to implement. These first lines are an attempt to collect further contributions with solution-oriented ideas.

Possible aspects for this topic could be:

WVW

Reasons or suggestions for changes in WvW for the motivation to farm points for the team: 

Examples:
- Reward the winner of the week (e.g. Team Blue) with a magic sense buff that lasts for a week afterwards.

- Reward the winner of the week with 1 pip buff, which lasts for the next week.

Just a thought:

- Additionally, I would like all long term players to have something collectible in the long run. Since the armor or stats of the players should not be upgraded to keep the "balance" (patch etc.) among each other, it would be possible to change fortress strengths or find some kind of "reward" for the players and let them invest there. For example, when player blue gets close to the guards/fortress blue, this fortress receives an aura that is given to all blue defenders.

What the buff scales with and how extreme can be determined individually. (For example, depending on the WvW level or other unlockable options that can be added).

Note: Boonball (or teleporting far away) has a frustrating effect on the opposing player, as their entire character progress (armor, stats, damage, etc.) is completely ignored for seconds. The seconds of invulnerability are one-sided, as the "Invulnerable" player benefits and the "Frustrated" player does not. Afterwards, it is often not just one "Frustrated" player who is involved in this situation, but several "Frustrated" players. Conclusion: the overall content of the situation has a negative effect.

PVE

In PvE, I want something that can motivate me in the long term and that I can experience (regardless of the Legis). I could imagine that this "something" is more satisfying if it can be invested in character progression. Progress means something easily changeable in the realm of possibilities in the context of GW2 philosophy. Satisfying can be a stat change that offers comfort and not strength (no increased condition damage or increased precision). Since these changes can be altered by numbers (without visual effects etc.) it would be economically and financially attractive to program.

In conclusion, my thoughts may contain errors (blind spots that I don't see) but still cause consideration by the reader. It doesn't matter how the thoughts are evaluated, the party deciding on changes is primarily ArenaNet. Please refrain from rating and bring more solutions in the comments. 

Have fun thinking creatively and getting involved!

I wonder why the two topics are "how to encourage players to get points for their side in WvW" and "additional long term goals in PvE". The reason I'm wondering is that I don't see the need for either.

You see, for WvW there's already a lot of PPT going on and in PvE there are already tons of long-term goals available and comfort or convenience items are aplenty. Apparently you still see issues but I'm just really wondering about which issues specifically? I'm struggling to see the point of this thread because I don't understand the premise.

So let me ask you directly: which issues do you see that need to be resolved in your opinion and who will a solution benefit?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/10/2024 at 1:15 AM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Also from making Hero Points useful beyond elite specs.

Potential Design: Add a new section under the Training Tab for Weaponmaster Training and the new weapon training

The Best Design: Add an event chain or collection to unlock with additional lore explaining why your profession has begun using these new weapons or branching out your techniques.

ANet's Choice: Make these story steps pointless for literally every single other character on your account after completing them once

• Weaponmaster Training: "Hey, you know you can just.... use the weapons, right?"
  • Expanded Weapons: "Find these scrolls for ancient fighting techniques that we'll never mention ever again, but you can give them a try"
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1