As usual, somme more nerfs for inge ...

Vomact.5693

WHY ???

Inge has never been op ...

Engineer

• Gleam Saber: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to reduce the recharge time of Radiant Arc by 3 seconds when the holosmith elite specialization was not equipped.
  • Photonic Blasting Module: Reduced the damage coefficient from 3.5 to 2.5 in WvW only.
  • Prime Light Beam: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to strike 10 targets instead of the intended 5.
  • Essence of Animated Sand: Reduced the barrier healing power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 in WvW only. Reduced the initial might from 5 stacks to 2 stacks in WvW and PvP.
  • Essence of Living Shadows: Reduced the initial conditions cleansed from 2 to 1 in WvW only.
  • Essence of Liquid Wrath: Fixed an issue that caused the tooltip to display longer durations than intended in WvW only.
  • Bulwark Gyro: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the base initial barrier from 1,620 to 1,140 and the base pulsing barrier from 810 to 560 in WvW only. Reduced the initial barrier healing power coefficient from 0.8 to 0.5 and the pulse barrier healing power coefficient from 0.4 to 0.25 in WvW only.
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Gleam Saber: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to reduce the recharge time of Radiant Arc by 3 seconds when the holosmith elite specialization was not equipped.

^ this is the only thing that really concerns me as a PvE only player. Will this be a big or minor impact on power dps for pscrapper and pmechanist with the sword+pistol build? (based on the LI mech build from Mr Mystic)

It seems like anet is trying to reduce barrier in Wvw, which...okay? That would be great, just wish they'd do it all at once. Engi's mace2 barrier was abysmal (something like 500 barrier? Awful). Essence of Animated Sand is still a 2k barrier though in full minstrel, which is nice. This is what I hoped mace2 would stay at. Mace/shield had two cleanses on shield4 and 5 for a total of 10 groupwide, so living shadows being reduced to 1 initial and then 2 condis removed on chaining is actually fine, since it also heals initially and pulses healing - the cooldown is also lower.

Of course Anet was going to nerf scrapper, Anet hates when engineers have fun with their class, that's why they nerfed the most useless weapon in the arsenal that was only viable in WvW, because players were having fun with the class. The same thing happened with Holosmiths, Overheat is a kamikaze ability, but because people were having fun with the spec, it was nerfed.

And just wait until players realize that Crash Down no longer launches people in PvP or WvW, the most useless spec in the game was also nerfed and the worst part is that ArenaNet didn't even bother to publish the change...

• Like 2

In my opinion and from a WvW (zerg/guild) perspective, most of the nerfs are justified and expected.
However, I would have liked a smaller step to adjust to the problem instead of halfing numbers.

The barrier was almost on the early vindicator level and support-scourge level, which were also nerfed for the same reason.
Some might even argue, that barrier itself is a broken mechanic, but I think it's fine if not overwhelmingly applied.

The shortbow is new and did overperform, especially the 3. A ranged, non-projectile dark field that heals and cleanses 4 AoE conditions on a semi-short CD is pretty overpowered.
Also, with life sigil and buffs, healscrapper had 3.5k Barrier (1.3k+1*2.2k Healing power) on Essence Of Animated Sand. With it also being a ranged blast finisher that stacks 5 might on a very short CD, this overperformed drastically. It still has strong synergy with Kinetic Accelerators, combo effects, and relic of Karakosa.

Photonic blasting module did absurd AoE burst-damage without really telegraphing.
I agree that builds with this trait, which required them adjust to it, lose their selling point.
However. I always felt this trait was working against the specialization anyway, limiting the time spent in forge and allowing to mostly ignore heat mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2