Rev should have a crit = condi chance trait

Shagie.7612

I want to play Rabid amulet so I can actually survive getting w keyed by every single spec in the game without giving up 900 stats worth of my amulet.
Even though it's still a significant damage loss over Carrion because shortbow and Kalla both have really high power coefficients.

Everyone except Guard and Teef has one, sometimes two of them.

Put it in Renegade, put it in Corruption, idc, just let me play the stupid facetank amulet like every other condi build gets to even though they also have better survivability and cc and mitigation options

thx

oh also make the mallyx heal ignore poison already good lord that entire legend's been a disaster since you changed resistance/resolution

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

We used to have it and was replaced with Invoke Torment when they reworked the traitline. 

Invoke Torment just upped the burst of Revenant Torment application but in exchange we lost sustained condi application. 

I don't think it needs to return but Invoke Torment needs a buff and so does Abyssal Chill. 

Invoke Torment is solid for its initial burst but the delay REALLY SUCKS. That needed to be gone years ago. It also needs its unwarranted PvE stack nerf from years ago reverted or even buffed, applying 2 or 3 stacks in PvE. 

Abyssal Chill needs to inflict more Torment for each Chill application. 1 stack is not enough and is rather weak, especially after the Torment rebalance. 2 or 3 stacks would be nice. 

And honestly if we really wanna spice up Abyssal Chill indirectly, they can make Embrace The Darkness pulse Chill on an empowered pulse. CTA used to pulse 4 instances of Chill instead of pulling enemies in, which really contributed to Abyssal Chill's application. Losing that meant losing damage in exchange for functionality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

i'ma be honest, i played so little corruption back in the day there's no way i would remember it off the top of my head. shiro/jalis shortbow was still fun at that point. so was herald lol

anyways invoke torment is garbo and i would genuinely rather have rampant vex OR frigid precision back over it

you can't afford to play near anyone without rabid
and you can't afford to play rabid amulet or you throw away all your damage because 900 precision is wasted

sustained and more cover condi is what condi rev builds badly need anyways

like, if you compare yourself to virtually any other condition build in pvp, you've generally got less cc than them, less survivability than them even if you DO wear rabid amulet, less burst mobility (mallyx hopping can be nice over a long enough distance but isn't saving you from the w key like other escapes can), less cover and less sustained condi application, poor cleansing, not really any blinds or cripple, weaker combo finishers, uhh... there's prolly other stuff too

you win in SOME comparisons in burst application, and that's about it?
one skull grinder applies like 9 different conditions, condi reaper has 5 different CCs minimum including 2 on its dps weapon set and 2 in its dps shroud form, while still being better than you in most of the above areas.

where are the strengths of legends like mallyx and kalla supposed to be at this point?
that kinda stuff's really dumb

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Invoke Torment is solid for its initial burst but the delay REALLY SUCKS. That needed to be gone years ago. It also needs its unwarranted PvE stack nerf from years ago reverted or even buffed, applying 2 or 3 stacks in PvE.

It could use a larger effect radius as well, the 240 units it has currently is tiny. And when it comes to the damage on Invoke Torment, I suggest buffing Diabolic Inferno as it desperately needs a tune-up. I'm pretty sure that this GM trait is adding less than 1K DPS to condition builds right now, which is obviously underpowered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 10:32 AM, Katary.7096 said:

It could use a larger effect radius as well, the 240 units it has currently is tiny. And when it comes to the damage on Invoke Torment, I suggest buffing Diabolic Inferno as it desperately needs a tune-up. I'm pretty sure that this GM trait is adding less than 1K DPS to condition builds right now, which is obviously underpowered.

I mean, if it needs buffs then sure, I'm not gonna say no. But I don't think it would actually make the builds that much stronger in pvp. I think both Fiendish Tenacity and Permeating Pestilence are usually better in spvp.

Anyways, Heartpiercer's pretty weak since they removed the pierce on it. Maybe make it improved bleeds + chance on crit to do a condi. Ren is pretty crit interactive already, so it'd synergize and make sense.
My dream for that would be a non-bleed or non-torment condition, simply for spread. Burning, Poison, Confusion, I don't particularly care. Unlikely since for some reason this class is only allowed to do those two conditions for like 99% of its damage, but it'd be a blessing.

Most Renegade traits kinda suck, but the Master choices are very underwhelming for both power and condi.

The MAT finished today, maybe we'll get a balance preview here shortly.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

I mean, if it needs buffs then sure, I'm not gonna say no. But I don't think it would actually make the builds that much stronger in pvp. I think both Fiendish Tenacity and Permeating Pestilence are usually better in spvp.

I wouldn't expect sPvP builds to run the trait even if it wasn't underpowered, but that is no reason to have a condition damage grandmaster trait which adds about as much damage as a full set of +5 stat infusions. That is just poor design.

5 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Anyways, Heartpiercer's pretty weak since they removed the pierce on it. Maybe make it improved bleeds + chance on crit to do a condi. Ren is pretty crit interactive already, so it'd synergize and make sense.

Sounds good.

I think one of the next expansions should come along a  new core trait line that doesn't require the expansion, so that their stat focuses can be shuffled around. That way awkward power+condi or profession mechanic  + crit hybrid traits can be reworked. Then each profession could have condi, power, crits, survival, support, and profession mechanic focused on 6 separate traits.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1